Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Font1

S
stranger
stranger
S
I just dropped the Font1.pak into the location you pointed at and for some reason when i clicked Mods there's nothing there frown Am i doing it right?

Last edited by Synthesis; 13/07/14 04:28 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Synthesis
I just dropped the Font1.pak into the location you pointed at and for some reason when i clicked Mods there's nothing there frown Am i doing it right?

So you can see Font1.pak in the Mods folder under documents?
When you start the game up, no change to fonts?
I'll run a test to make sure you do not need a mod installed prior.

O
stranger
stranger
O
When i change font is font error (sorry english bad ). Help me please.

[Linked Image]

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Synthesis

Main mod .pak-s that were created manually will not be visible in the Mods menu.
It doesn't matter however; the game engine will add the paths in the .pak even if you uncheck the checkbox next to a mod, it'll only prevent it from loading the Mods\%modName%\ stuff, but it won't prevent Mods\Main\ and Public\Main\ overrides from working.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by osrai

v1.0.36? Isn't that a wee bit old?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by osrai

Are you using the english version of the game?

V
stranger
stranger
V
I created my own font replacer and it seems to work fine.
But sometimes the "new" font won't load and the default font shows up when I start the game. When I restart the game "my" font is there again.

What's causing this bug? It doesn't matter if I put the .pak-file to the \divinity original sin\data folder or to \documents\larian studios\divinity original sin\mods - both work and sometimes it doesn't.

It's very annoying, so how can I avoid this?

W
stranger
stranger
W
Thanks for this, I play on a htpc and needed a text mod before I could play. Hopefully soon we can find a way to change the size as well.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vrakyas
I created my own font replacer and it seems to work fine.
But sometimes the "new" font won't load and the default font shows up when I start the game. When I restart the game "my" font is there again.

What's causing this bug? It doesn't matter if I put the .pak-file to the \divinity original sin\data folder or to \documents\larian studios\divinity original sin\mods - both work and sometimes it doesn't.

It's very annoying, so how can I avoid this?

This started with the first official patch last week. There seems to be mods that randomly work or not since, this is one. A few other comments here have talked about this random behavior. I can't tell if it is a bug or something they are doing because they don't want us to be doing what we are.

journeyman
journeyman
Thanks for this....Made me happy this morn, and it worked fine. celebrate thankyou jawdrop

Click to reveal..
journeyman
journeyman
So it works, but I need to 'drag it out/back in' of the mods folder, not the best situation, but workable until a better solution comes about. Thanks for your effort and time Horrorscope cheer

[Linked Image]

Much better than the situation I had between these two posts..my Video card blew up...had to go buy a new one cheer ouch

Last edited by daft73; 22/07/14 07:48 PM.

Click to reveal..
old hand
old hand
^Yeah something changed on the last big update, I just restart the game up to I think 4 times is the most I've had to try before the new font kicks in. Sometimes it works the first time many times and others... Everything computers aren't supposed to be. smile

My guess is not using the Font.pak and going back to the original thoughts on what we initially did in this thread, that that would work consistently, well until an update changes it perhaps. That way changes the original-core files, not a read from the game in the mod folder to see what to add-on.

journeyman
journeyman
Indeed, patiently awaiting. Thanks for the response. bow

Click to reveal..
V
stranger
stranger
V
There is a workaround for this.
Just unpack the .pak-files so that the font files go to \Data\Public\Game\GUI\fonts - this will work every time you start D:OS.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard