Next Thread
Print Thread
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Where's the entrance to that lair?

Last edited by Aramintai; 06/07/14 01:38 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Killed everything hostile on that map.....would like to know too...lotsa areas at the edges of the map that look like they may lead to somewhere interesting but are blocked off

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I swear the cows I saved earlier then found them in the phantom forest told me about a hidden lair and marked it on my map...now I look for it on my map and nothing...da fuck frown.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Nah, that's a hidden mound I believe that contains buried treasure rather then an entrance

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Ah good lol.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
No one found it yet?

addict
addict
I am at the end of the game, I cleaned the phontom forest, I have not found any entrance...

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Support
Support

It was split up and most of it used in other sections of the game. From here;

Originally Posted by Lar_q
The Knight's Dungeon, the Inner Sanctum (Temple of the dead), the Druid Dungeon(Alchemist) were originally all part of the mega dungeon but when we realised we were never going to make it at the density level we aspired to, we decided to modify their function. We have the other parts of the dungeons on our HDDs but they're not that much fun so we decided not to include them. As I said before, it's a game, not a shopping list and "Killing your darlings" is an inevitable part of any production as is shifting priorities.

I think there's more than sufficient content in D:OS as is. There certainly is more than we planned for and I hope people do realise just exactly how easy it would be to construct a few extra boring dungeon levels just for the sake to living up to the "letter of the law". Or maybe we could have cut up some of the existing dungeons and split them in different levels. We opted not to do that because we thought it'd deteriorate the game and tbh, didn't consider it a big deal. A lot these resource shifts had to do with implementing other feedback we got during the beta which we thought was more important. You may agree or disagree with that, but it's one of those things developers sometimes have to do. I certainly don't regret making other areas more dense and adding more freedom at the expense of these dungeon levels.

Link Copied to Clipboard