Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
If you look at the design documents for Phantom Forest there's an entire northern section that was cut out. I bet that's where the lair originally was.

I was disappointed that it wasn't included in the game because I had visions of it being something like Watcher's Keep from Throne of Bhaal.

Last edited by randir14; 07/07/14 05:16 PM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
I'm quite sad to hear it's not currently in the game. Could anyone point to definitive statements on it and the cycles/weather/systems that Larian have made? I was really looking forward to crawing through the various levels at some point. (and went out of my way to back higher than I'd planned to help them meet their top tier goals)

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Lie, forgetful omission or bugged build, either way - it would be nice to hear Larian's side of things smile

A promise unforfilled is not a lie.

And they can still make good, except to you who accused them of lying.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Hmm, this one I find disappointing as well. If nothing else got put in, this was the one thing I was looking forward to among the stretch goals (well, aside from the weather/schedules). I was fine with them missing a few levels, but to not have it in at all? That is unfortunate and I think they should have communicated that openly as it would have led me to maybe holding off and waiting for it with the rest of the additions they had planned before I started playing.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Okay maybe its not a "lie"

but why say they cut a few levels of it

when they actually cut it entirely

and then not even mention it in a week since launch.

its just kind of shady is all

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Disappointed, but that doesn't make the game any less enjoyable. Of course no-one in their mind thinks less content is better but less content is bettet than no game at all. Let's face it more delays would have eventually killed the whole game.

S
S
Originally Posted by FelixDK

And they can still make good, except to you who accused them of lying.

Im pretty sure when they tell us "we only cut some levels", and it turns out to be the whole dungeon, we can call it a lie.

Im not mad about unfulfilled promises, the game is amazing anyway. But I dont like when someone lie to me. Im ok with "sorry, we didn't have time to finish, we'll add it later". Shit happens, i can wait, no problem. But when I expect dungeon being in game, just a little shorter, and I'm all excited to explore it, and then suddenly realize that there is no dungeon at all, it is kinda annyoing. I could even become angry at Larian, if the rest of the game wouldn't be so damn amazing.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
yea don't get me wrong the game is great and Ive been having a blast with it I was just really looking forward to this dungeon, even after hearing it had been cut down a bit. Still love the game im just a little disappointed by this

veteran
veteran
I wonder this :
maybe "the entrance" to this dungeon is one of the "secrets" to find, and let it just be that this entrance is a very very good hidden secret ?!

I'm planning to play D:OS very thoroughly, searching every inch, move everything that's not nailed to the ground ... maybe I can find this dungeon for you ? Who knows ?

But then you've have to be very very patient !
I've not much time to play ... and knowing my play style is "thoroughly" ....

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Originally Posted by Joram
I wonder this :
maybe "the entrance" to this dungeon is one of the "secrets" to find, and let it just be that this entrance is a very very good hidden secret ?!

Not very likely, if we are to believe the folks who have cracked open the editor and looked at the levels.

veteran
veteran
Okay okay, the dungeon is NOT in ...
WHY, o why those people who "cracked open the editor and looked at the levels" don't make their OWN big big dungeon ?
IF they're so clever to crack open the game levels ... they must certainly be clever enough to make such a amazing big dungeon the devs of Larian hadn't the time left to make it ...

Fact is, of course, why is this dungeon not in while they promised us about a super dungeon ? I don't know and I hope one of the devs of Larian can explain WHY ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
G
stranger
stranger
G
They promised to WORK on it, not DELIVERING it. Unless you have evidence to prove that Larian used the extra cash on blackjack and hookers, there's no lie. It's just a failure, like all the other things they failed to fully implement (D/N cycle etc).

It's not really a big deal in the grand scope of things, but it's something that would be awesome to have. Especially considering the finite amount of enemies and resources. I hope it gets added eventually.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Ad 5) Kirill became sick so they hat to recycle some old scores.
I hope he has recovered.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by FelixDK
[quote=Halcyon]

Sure sure but OP is funny, the point is if Larian lied it's current result. So how you know they didn't lied? You are in their head? hehe

veteran
veteran
So actually "we" don't know it for sure if they lie or do not lie !

Or ... can You ...

Mindread ?!?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Sure again, so to write it in the OP point of view, OP is a liar, or is right. Ha ha.

old hand
old hand
They are clearly going to be adding more content later. Give it time.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I think they should of at least put the Day and Night in. Darn world is stuck in eternal sunlight bloody annoying..

The Music is a shame too. I think that a pretty poor excuse that "Kirill got sick."

Lets hope Larian surprise us and bring out an update with the missing features!!!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by meme
They are clearly going to be adding more content later. Give it time.

This^

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard