Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#511610 07/07/14 11:06 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
If I wait until Level 6 to take Lone Wolf, will I get Ability points for levels 1-5, or do I need to start with it to take full effect of the bonuses? Thanks!

addict
addict
don't know. try it out. save, take the trait, see.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
K
stranger
stranger
K
No and you won't even get the extra ability point at lvl 6. The +1 to ability only takes effect on your next levelup (in your case 7). So Lone Wolf is best taken at lvl 1.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Roger that, thanks!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Its a bug?
It wiil be fixed or it will be always like this?

old hand
old hand
Hopefully always. Its not a bug.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Why hopefully?

I explain my case im a shadowblade i took talents to backstab et deal more after sneak. After i took movement while sneaking.
I didnt take companion. Im lvl 4-5. I saw what really give lone wolf so its perfect for me but if you dont take it lvl 1 its useless :o so why can you take it after?

(sorry for my english)

Last edited by p0pi; 09/07/14 05:43 PM.
stranger
stranger
You can take it afterwards because the game is free-form and Lone Wolf is no exception to this. Consider being tired of running with four companions and scaling down to three - Lone Wolf is your friend in that case even while progressed in the game. Is it a silly choice? Sure. But it is up to you, the player, to figure that out for yourself.

Just like late Lone Wolf is subpar, choosing Pet Pal very late in the game is a similar example of a talent choice that has little to no benefit, or going for Stench on a character that serves as the front of the party... no need to change the game, you as a player need to learn this through playing.

Last edited by Vayra; 09/07/14 06:08 PM.

The only constant in time is change
P
stranger
stranger
P
Thx for your answer

But if youre tired with your companions you can fire them without taking lone wolf cause it will be a silly choice on a late part of the game.

I agreed when you compare with pet pal.
I think its "talent background", talents on your hero who have it before this aventure.
Why dont add a talent when you create your hero, a background talent you can choice one on a list?

I hope you will understand me ^^'

Link Copied to Clipboard