Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
My AI Grid keeps going under my map whenever i reload or whenever i toggle on and off the AI grid menu. Anyone know a fix?

Last edited by Shidiwen; 07/07/14 11:43 PM.
stranger
stranger
Have you tried regenerating it?

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
If i regenerate it works temporarily but once i reload it goes back under the map, Never mind everyone i fixed it... lol

Last edited by Shidiwen; 07/07/14 11:43 PM.
You fixed it? Do you mind telling us how? In case anyone else runs into the same problem smile.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm having this problem as well. To me it looks like the AI Grid keeps going back to the default height of the terrain. Anyone know what solution works?

I have an AI seeder with Global checked, and I've reloaded the level many times, and regenerated the grid. Nothing works so far.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
please tell us i am having the same problem.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Looks like something (the latest patch?) broke generating AI grids. It should be saving to mods/(your mod name)/levels/(your level name)/Ai instead it's saving to mods/(your mod name)/Ai. So when you load a level, you'll always get the old generated ai grid, frozen in time forever, unable to change.

Or at least, that's what started happening to me. As a workaround, after you make changes and save, you need close the editor and copy the aigrid.data from where the editor is saving it to its correct location.

Hopefully they will fix this soon since if you don't have an aigrid.data, your mod will immiediedly crash when you load it. To get around this, you have to generate ai the first time you make a level, then go and copy it over, manually creating the ai folder for your new level.

stranger
stranger
Aww yeah, i just moved my AI folder to the supposed right place and now i can reload without crashing. Thanks man. This got rid of the black screen when trying to "preview" my level with the editor. Gotta pass the word.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."
And indeed Spaceman did smile. Thanks for roguelike for the workaround!

stranger
stranger
#Fixed indeed

stranger
stranger
Thanks roguelike! This resolved my problem as well! Hopefully Larian will release an official fix for this soon.

stranger
stranger
Can anyone maybe show, how to fix that, please. Would be nice, cause I don't know, how it works laugh

Like Roguelike said:

"It should be saving to mods/(your mod name)/levels/(your level name)/Ai instead it's saving to mods/(your mod name)/Ai.... As a workaround, after you make changes and save, you need close the editor and copy the aigrid.data from where the editor is saving it to its correct location."

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Have my paths right and still nothing works. It worked for a while then broke again, now I get a black screen when loading a level and if I reload I crash. frown

Join #TheDivinityEngine at irc.gamesurge.net, help build a live modding community! Related forum topic here.
V
stranger
stranger
V
I tried messing around with the editor today and was almost giving up because of crashes, black screen when trying to switch to game mode. It would be great if this could be fixed.

M
stranger
stranger
M
AFAIK it's not totally fixed but the solution given earlier works just fine. Cut the AI file from your mod folder and put it into the Ai folder of your level instead.

old hand
old hand
Im having the crash too now, but im not sure if i broke anything before, actually.

Im seeing double folders of everything in the engine directories... ahem.

But anyway, a few questions about Ai grid.

I applied it once after i already changed a lot of terrain, made canyons, mountains, etc - then applied the grid. It applied looking like aproximately correct patches of green and red areas, but it would be necessary to add more smaller paths with the painting tool, which seemed to work.

SO im guessing the same happens if you do it early, then reload level (and it works) - then you go altering terrain and the Ai grid is changing with it - right?

And then you have to add more handpainted paths as necessary?

just checking...

M
stranger
stranger
M
I started the editor for the first time today and only created a mod and level like described in larians twitch.tv recording.
The Editor crashed after reloading the level (the reload after the AI grid generation).
Now I thought roguelikes workaround should work.
But i've got only the Mods/(your Mod)/Levels/(your Level)/Ai path.
Either I'm completly misreading roguelikes post or I have only the correct path.

Anything else I could try?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Weird!

First thing I'd try would be to delete the 'AI Path' folder, open the Editor back up (it shouldn't crash), create AI grid again with Full Generate, then save and close the Editor. At that point, check the whereabouts of the new AI Path folder, make sure it's in Data/Mods/MODNAME/Levels/LEVELNAME, then open the Editor again, see if it crashes. Basically, see if it's replicable or simply a weird one-off.

Last edited by Noaloha; 05/08/14 07:33 PM.

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
M
stranger
stranger
M
If I delete the AI path folder I can load the level again.
but after generating the grid again (witouth that reload level thing) I get the "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt"-Error like 10 times in a second while loading the level.
the path is again the same. it's still located at the correct location. (Data/Mods/MODNAME/Levels/LEVELNAME)

I've got the same error when I first entered the data paths wrong (and it disappeared after relocating it) but this should be right:
[Linked Image]

(I have Windows installed on my C drive and the game/editor on the D drive)

Other things that distrub me a bit (maybe connected to the same problem) are:
- Since placing a character on the first level the messagepanel tells me "Character MalePlayer_000 doesn't have an alignment"
- the RessourceManager shows me all folders two times

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Mougwee; 06/08/14 03:32 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard