Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
clarification:
hard cap - level cap is coded into the game and under no circumstances character will exceed it.
soft cap - there is no hardcoded level cap, but the amount of xp in the world is limited, so effectivly maximum level is still capped.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Soft cap

enthusiast
enthusiast
What follows is not a plot spoiler, but only a spoiler to those who actually don't want to know how high you can level up to.
FYI: Although I haven't gotten that far myself, my research seems to indicate the soft cap is somewhere around level 20 or 21, with roughly 15 attribute points, 49 ability points (without Lone Wolf or All Skilled Up), and 7 talents in total to assign, assuming level 20. These numbers include character creation. Keep in mind that ranks cost progressively more points; going from ability rank 2 to 3 costs 3 points, going from 3 to 4 costs 4 points, so ability rank 0 to 5 costs 15 points.

Plan accordingly.

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 08/07/14 06:53 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
49 ability points (without Lone Wolf or All Skilled Up)

Plan accordingly.

How are ability points awarded? Do you get two past lvl 10?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Kantay
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
49 ability points (without Lone Wolf or All Skilled Up)

Plan accordingly.

How are ability points awarded? Do you get two past lvl 10?

I don't know if it's level 10, but yes. You eventually get more points per level.

stranger
stranger
You can find the base levelling curve here for anything to do with points earned. It's in German, so you'll need to use Google or Bing to get a rough translation if you can't read it (typically by right clicking on the page and selecting the option).

http://www.rpguides.de/divinity-original-sin/artikel/charakterstufen.htm

Last edited by Teknykk; 08/07/14 07:44 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Teknykk
You can find the base levelling curve here for anything to do with points earned. It's in German, so you'll need to use Google or Bing to get a rough translation if you can't read it (typically by right clicking on the page and selecting the option).

http://www.rpguides.de/divinity-original-sin/artikel/charakterstufen.htm

thanks a lot, exactly what I needed.

Link Copied to Clipboard