Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
stranger
stranger
S
The only things I have left to do in Cyseal require the full team of buttkickers, this is my fault because i refuse to lower the difficulty. smile

So uh, love the game...really really do...can you fix the bug pretty pretty pretty pretty please? <3

Support
Support

I have not tried the Save Game Editor, but (until there is a fix) it looks (screenshot) like you can use LS Tools to lower Madora's experience points a little, so she doesn't level up the same time as the main character.
Make a copy of the save folder, just in case.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
+1 on the bug.
Adding a comment to watch the thread.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Any news on this? This bug is extremely annoying...

Support
Support

Not yet. Most of Larian is on vacation (which was delayed until after the patch was released) and will be back on Monday. This is one of the high priority issue to be dealt with then.

C
stranger
stranger
C
i`m level 14 now at Hiberheim.....and also encounter this black screen frozen problem and background music still running...and i need to hard reset my PC...i think is the game bug problem after of playing 50++ hour this is the first time encounter this pronlem.....

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Thanks for the update Raze! I literally have to stop playing until this bug is resolved, so I hope you guys will take care of it next week.

stranger
stranger
I'm having the same problem, where the screen goes black but the UI remains, music keeps playing, etc. Only way out is to ALT+TAB away then kill the game.

A levelling issue seems likely. It happens during combat the first time I kill an enemy (Seaside Thugs outside Cyseal) or when I complete a quest in Cyseal, triggering XP generation.

I have yet to try the possible work-arounds - will give them a go tonight.

Cheers,
Z

Last edited by Zoetrope; 11/08/14 02:09 AM.
stranger
stranger
It looks like levelling up is the issue - both main characters were about to level, so the next gain in XP (combat or adventure award) caused the crash.

I fixed this problem by spending all saved skill/attribute points for the two main characters. I didn't need to dismiss the two henchmen in order to get past the problem.

Obviously this could still be a problem later on, but at least I know of a potential work-around.

Cheers,
Z

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm getting the same bug....on two separate computers. Hope we see a bug fix for this sometime soon.

caleb

L
stranger
stranger
L
Bump - hoping for maybe an ETA on a fix or at least an acknowledgement that the devs are aware this is a game breaking bug.

Support
Support

This is a known issue, and it is being worked on. The bug report even has a comment with a link to this topic.

This issue is system dependent, though, and not easy to replicate. It may help if more people email support with their report.zip files, if they have not done so already (to reduce the zip file size, you can delete all but one or two saves where this happens, just before levelling).

L
stranger
stranger
L
Thanks Raze. I've got it happening on my surface pro 2, Alienware 17" laptop, and my (homebuilt) desktop. I play for a while, run into the bug, can't get past it, install on the next machine down the line and play on it until I hit the same issue. But I'm fast running out of clean machines.

I wasn't aware there were any problem replicating it as I've gotten hit with it on three different systems that worked fine prior to the 1.0.7 patch. I'll send my report.zip files in to support along with caffeine if it will help *grin*.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard