Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Want to Find Orange items? Here are some Tips On How to Get the Legendary Items.

I have been testing and farming the chests all around Cyseal area by using Save and Reload Method. And based on my experience with it, I can say that, not all of the chests that's around Cyseal has the chance on getting Legendary/Orange Items. I do believe that there are some fixed chests that have higher chance on dropping Legendary Items.

Yeah i did managed to found a few of the chests that has the chance to drop Orange/Legendary items in it smile I'm not very far into the game yet, I think i am close on finishing "A Mysterious Murder"

It depends on the location of the chest, sometimes you can get up to 1 - 4 or more random grade items and ingredients in the chests, I did managed to find 2 Orange Items in a single chest! before. Lucky i guess smile Unique items like Buffalo Amulet drops in these chests as well.

Now that i have already found some information about the Legendary Chests, I'm very happy to share this information with you guys and girls smile. My findings on the Legendary Chests is not 100% complete yet, I will keep this thread updated whenever i get new information about it.

During my playthrough i might overlooked and missed some of the chests that might contains Legendary Items in it, This is why i need your help to keep the information about the chests updated so that we can share it to our lovely Divinity Original Sin fans smile. If you managed to find the Chest that has the chance to drop Legendary Items in it, and it's not mention on here then feel free to post a screenshot or a video showing the location of it. I will update the post with your information smile Thank you very much for your contribution

Here's a video showing the locations of the Legendary Chests

There's of course another alternative way to get Orange/Legendary Items. From Bosses of course wink Bosses in the game has a very high chance on dropping Orange/Legendary Items as well. The total amount of Legendary items that the boss spilled out for me is 3. Yes 3 Orange items smile

To do this first, I highly recommend you to kill all the enemies and saving the boss for the last. If you have already done that, then proceed to the next step, Now you have to reduce the boss health till it left like 1/10 of it's full health. Then save your game, Once saving is completed, Strike the boss with all your might to finished it off. Once it's dead it will spilt out couple of random grade items. If you didn't see any Orange/ Legendary items you wanted Reload the save data that you made earlier, and repeat till you're satisfied with the items you have gotten smile

Here's a video showing how it's done

Oh yeah let's don't forget about NPCs selling Legendary items, So far i encountered 1 NPC that sells Orange/Legendary Items. Here's a video of it

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
or you know... you can just play with my dropmod on. http://dropcanvas.com/jx5wf
Screenshots http://imgur.com/G17L3pr & http://imgur.com/KCIAIkD
... but each to his own xD

You're right in that not all chests has a chance to drop legendaries. 0% chance for most. Legendaries are only in a few loot tables, the most common are likely: RewardBig; MegaBoss; MiniBoss; etc. It is not until later in the game that they started making common monsters drop legendaries, for example: Death knights drop from the T_ST_RingOrAmuletLegendary loot table with a frequency of 2 (2%). (check treasuretable.xlsm after unpacking files for more info - and check things loot tables in the editor)

If you want to buy legendaries, I recommend the skeleton merchant outside Hunter's edge, which has a very sweet loot table (get attitude to 100, bartering 5 and it is cheap). His table includes T_ST_WeaponLegendary;T_ST_ArmorLegendary and T_ST_SecGearLegendary - which means he can sell a very, very large variety of legendaries.

Edit: guess I should have included some kind of spoiler tag? Just noticed all your videos are from the Cyseal area. Oh well!^^

Last edited by n1x0r; 11/07/14 10:24 PM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by n1x0r
or you know... you can just play with my dropmod on. http://dropcanvas.com/jx5wf
Screenshots http://imgur.com/G17L3pr & http://imgur.com/KCIAIkD
... but each to his own xD

You're right in that not all chests has a chance to drop legendaries. 0% chance for most. Legendaries are only in a few loot tables, the most common are likely: RewardBig; MegaBoss; MiniBoss; etc. It is not until later in the game that they started making common monsters drop legendaries, for example: Death knights drop from the T_ST_RingOrAmuletLegendary loot table with a frequency of 2 (2%). (check treasuretable.xlsm after unpacking files for more info - and check things loot tables in the editor)

If you want to buy legendaries, I recommend the skeleton merchant outside Hunter's edge, which has a very sweet loot table (get attitude to 100, bartering 5 and it is cheap). His table includes T_ST_WeaponLegendary;T_ST_ArmorLegendary and T_ST_SecGearLegendary - which means he can sell a very, very large variety of legendaries.

Edit: guess I should have included some kind of spoiler tag? Just noticed all your videos are from the Cyseal area. Oh well!^^

Yeah i decided to share this information is because i know that there are people out there refused to cheat or modify the loot tables until they finished playing the game. So yeah it's really useful for those who are planning to play the vanilla game and need help on finding legendary items for their journey :p

Modding is fun but i will give it a try once i have finished playing the game haha.

Last edited by Synthesis; 12/07/14 01:12 AM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
n1x0r i noticed that your mod doesn't seem to work for those who are already playing the game. I would use it if only it will work with existing save games smirk Anyway, sorry for those who are looking for updates on this, i took a break from the game since i couldn't keep up with the game tiny texts fonts anymore =.= But don't worry i will try to figure something up to make it sightly more visibility to me so that i could play the game again smile

Last edited by Synthesis; 18/07/14 10:30 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
What does dropmod do exactly, I could not find a thread linked to it for more information.

Here is my list of noteworthy chests and containers:

- Secret room in the cellar of Esmeralada
- Black cove small island after using onimous switch
- Cyseal treasure prison chest
- Pontius chest on the boat in black cove
- First floor of the inn, in the room left to the stairs when you get in and which has a lock on its door, there is a closet with a guaranteed amulet or ring that can be legendary
- King's west chest in the villa garden
- In the trap house, the chest in the north/ NW room
- In the trap house, the trap house chest
- Trophy in Roberts house has a guaranteed ring or amulet that can be legendary. (also the room has a guaranteed identifying glass)
- Desk in the warehouse room has a ring or amulet guaranteed that can be legendary
- Chest in warehouse room (possibly double legendary)
- Two chests after passing the magic wall and killing
- Hidden chest near the demon statues, on the right side has 1 or 2 legendaries
- Pass the two magical walls after you defeated your doubles, two chests containing legendaries
- In one container with the Belgarettes
- The one near the mills as shown on the video
- On the left side of the church where you need to teleport to reach it
- In the treasure chest behind the fire boss (I forgot his name but its on cyseal map)
- Bracus rex personal belongings

And there are many more but too many too list.
Here is a rule that you almost always apply, if a container has always at least a blue object or more then there is the potential for legendary.

Last edited by Deste; 21/07/14 08:42 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Deste

- Secret room in the cellar of the potential jake killer

That's Esmerelda's secret cellar. I would also like to add the chests inside the guarded storage room by the docks. It gave me the buffalo amulet and also the sword made in Japan.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Deste
What does dropmod do exactly, I could not find a thread linked to it for more information.

Here is my list of noteworthy chests and containers:

- Secret room in the cellar of Esmeralada
- Black cove small island after using onimous switch
- Cyseal treasure prison chest
- Pontius chest on the boat in black cove
- First floor of the inn, in the room left to the stairs when you get in and which has a lock on its door, there is a closet with a guaranteed amulet or ring that can be legendary
- King's west chest in the villa garden
- In the trap house, the chest in the north/ NW room
- In the trap house, the trap house chest
- Trophy in Roberts house has a guaranteed ring or amulet that can be legendary. (also the room has a guaranteed identifying glass)
- Desk in the warehouse room has a ring or amulet guaranteed that can be legendary.
- Chest in warehouse room (possibly double legendary).

And there are many more but too many too list.
Here is a rule that you almost always apply, if a container has always at least a blue object or more then there is the potential for legendary.

Alright thank you for sharing these information Deste smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
thanks for the tips smile

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I made a very rudimentary and probably incomplete map of the noteworthy chests in Phantom forest.

Red are treasures you need to dig, green the ones available in plain sight, yellow are stones you need to detect with perception.

[Linked Image]

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Deste, that's one of a amazing job you have done there laugh. Keep up the good work!

F
stranger
stranger
F
The mage in act2 second Town (if you didn't kill her) sells unidentified legendaries (1) pretty much each time. Just save and load. Unid legs are cheap too, like 2-3k smile

addict
addict
Divinity Original Sin - Legendary Loot Boss Farming - How to Milk Legendaries out of Bosses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1JpSDcI5U

Divinity: Original Sin - Ornate Chests - Legendary Item Farming GUIDE/Tutorial/Tips/Tricks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xPFtAOEJf0

N
stranger
stranger
N
Sergeant Curtius in Cyseal's Harbor Warehouse sells legendary stuff in 50% of the loads. And he's available from the very start of the game.
Also the three Elementals in the forge (Hiberheim North) in the short period between destroying the Staff and freeing the White Witch.

Link Copied to Clipboard