Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
aah i see.. yeah i don't think i will make it as far as you. i'm pretty fresh to this kind of stuff.

N
Nem Offline
stranger
stranger
N
Can you share how you got the players to not be naked?

Edit: Never mind, got it.

Last edited by Nem; 18/07/14 04:49 AM.
stranger
stranger
"A mini-fix today with a very small change list, and at the same time a big update for those who are busy with the Divinity engine toolkit as we added the source files for the main campaign.

We also added a truckload of new tutorial movies[www.larian.com] which will teach you how to script. "

I'm not sure if you've seen this, but I thought it might be relevant for the progress?

Last edited by Mace; 18/07/14 10:50 AM.
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Nem
Can you share how you got the players to not be naked?

Edit: Never mind, got it.

Were you adding extra characters or were they the original two?

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Mace
I'm not sure if you've seen this, but I thought it might be relevant for the progress?

Thanks Mace, I saw those.

GUI is one of those things which appears not to be up for modding much by Larian mostly because it uses .swf and many games I have dabbled in use other formats, the most often I have come across is the .dds format. Those are basically icons/pictures.

.swf is proprietary technology owned by adobe, so you are forced to use their software to make the best of it, and the .swf is specially the 'end-result' compile of source material, it is not designed to be reversed engineered and this is intended, so people cannot simply 'steal your work'. This is obviously a big issue for modding as whilst we are not 'stealing it' but simply 'reusing it' to the benefit of Larian and the community, not having those source materials makes it very difficult to get right, especially with low-level of general expertise in the format.

Having the source material would also allow those 'less-savvy' to mod easier, as you can do 'rearranging the plate' to get the desired results compared to having to prepare the food and cook it all.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Breakthrough!

Larian is using Flash version 9 in the game, thus it needs to be compiled to this standard. This isn't supported in Adobe CC suite, and you need to follow these instructions .

stranger
stranger
Tiaexz, does your mod allow the 3/4 player to continue playing even though player 1 and 2 is dead?

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
The one in the OP? It would be the same as vanilla.

stranger
stranger
I'm asking because I'm actually using another mod for it right now, but whenever player 1 and 2 dies, the game ends, because technically, the last player is the henceman who can't continue on his own.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Mh... that is something I will have to look at. I don't understand that restriction, considering henchmen can revive as well.

Edit: Note to self: Impact of 'Lone Wolf'

Last edited by Tiaexz; 20/07/14 04:24 PM.
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
So some updates!

I have been messing around with flash, not been at my best, so I have been looking at other aspects of the game. Mostly, how it will work.

Currently like in Simply 4 Player, 3 and 4 (now source hunters) have limited interaction, this would require me to write extended Dialogue for them, however....

- Player 3/4 can trigger events/scripts like player 1 and 2 can. So Mages coming out of the tutorial area, the guards at the bridge. They can respond to challenges, and act as if it was player 1 or 2 alone, but the stat change is only applied to them.
- Game doesn't end when 1 and 2 are dead.
- They can talk to NPCs without getting told to f- off.

So they act like 'player 1' when the real 'player 1/2' is not there.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Tiaexz; 21/07/14 07:24 PM.
stranger
stranger
You've managed to succesfully implement the those 3 items? Because that would be great news!

EDIT: Saw the image, keep up the good work, this is shaping up to be one great mod already smile

Last edited by Mace; 21/07/14 07:26 PM.
stranger
stranger
Great update! I can't wait to play with four people.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Mace
You've managed to succesfully implement the those 3 items? Because that would be great news!

Initial testing suggests this is the case, yes.

I am going to try some experimental player 3/4 dialogues at those beginning challenges, just to see if they 'work' as intended.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 21/07/14 07:28 PM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
nice work. you mention 3/4 are source hunters. does that mean they can be customized and start from the beginning with 1/2 ?

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by olje
nice work. you mention 3/4 are source hunters. does that mean they can be customized and start from the beginning with 1/2 ?

This is currently limited by GUI restriction.

So yes, but haven't done the GUI changes to actually do this. Reverse-Enginneering the SWF's are more difficult than antipicated hence taking a short break to make sure other aspects are working.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Just quoting this from a different thread for those interested:
Originally Posted by FromHolland
here it is for the people who have trouble with character creation screens (excluding gui)
how to use: extract in mods map and open up divinity engine smile

Code
http://speedy.sh/ecgNY/CharacterCreationMod.rar

M
M
Tiaexz.. thanks for everything you're doing. Seriously it's awesome.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, so far:
- Player 3 and 4 can use the mirror in the homestead to change appearance
- Interactions such as Jahan, player 3 would do the two-way agreement with player 1. This would swap with Player 4 and 2.
- Lone-wolf doesn't affect 3 and 4, but it affects any additional characters. Yes, Jahan and Madora can still be hired and join as '5 and 6'. This is something that would need to be fixed.

[Linked Image]

So pretty much need to get that Flash GUI sorted, then I can start considering beta testing. Hardest part for me, since I am a flash newbie.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 22/07/14 01:02 AM.
old hand
old hand
Is it possible and if it is would it be too much to ask...

You mention the ability where the game isn't over unless all 4 die. Is it possible to do this with just the regular setup without the 4 Player part? And if so, is it possible to just get a mod that have just that feature? Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard