Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Great news Tiaexz!

It might be a good idea to add 5, 6 or 8 (August) for new companions, maybe you can mod it to make it as a SUMMON UI (Next to player profile UI)?

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Is it possible and if it is would it be too much to ask...

You mention the ability where the game isn't over unless all 4 die. Is it possible to do this with just the regular setup without the 4 Player part? And if so, is it possible to just get a mod that have just that feature? Thanks.

It is tied in with the player script, which is why it doesn't affect the 4 players. But I guess if all 4 died with a companion left, it would get the same result.

It might be a good idea to add 5, 6 or 8 (August) for new companions, maybe you can mod it to make it as a SUMMON UI (Next to player profile UI)?

Once we (the community) gets some successful flash creation going, we should be able to start employing all sorts of features. An idea might be to have a better 'respec' option so you can still keep learnt spells, rather like a merger of the mirror and initial set-up.

First goal of this mod is to get a four-player vanilla experience. After that, I may experiment with a lot of smaller features and perhaps a few 'mod resources' where other people can implement things in their own mod.

Nexus link here as well to the mod in the OP: http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/16/

Last edited by Tiaexz; 22/07/14 02:04 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
is the version you took a screenshot earlier of, with the 4 source hunters the one in the nexus link? or is that version not out yet?

Last edited by adecoy95; 22/07/14 07:09 PM.
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Not out yet.

stranger
stranger
just wanted to say im watching for your 4 player vanilla mod page like a hawk. when you come out with the version that allows 4p edited from game start i'm going to be ALL over that.

stranger
stranger
Same here. I have been observing this thread each and every day since it first saw the light of the forum index, and I must say, I am most pleased with the progression of the mod and all the marvellous work that has been done so far. I am certain you will get the GUI sorted in a jiffy, Tiaexz.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Since you are able to start with 4 Source Hunters now, if there won't be a flash gui break through, you could use a script and trigger/dialogue heavy option similar to how most older mods for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas used terminals.
Also you might try to contact someone from the SkyUI team from the Skyrim nexus, all done in flash.
For appearance try to copy the mirror to the start point.
For the skills etc. you will need a custom solution.

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by retakrew7
Since you are able to start with 4 Source Hunters now, if there won't be a flash gui break through, you could use a script and trigger/dialogue heavy option similar to how most older mods for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas used terminals.
Also you might try to contact someone from the SkyUI team from the Skyrim nexus, all done in flash.
For appearance try to copy the mirror to the start point.
For the skills etc. you will need a custom solution.

Yes, my flash skills are no where near the level to successfully recreate what is needed within a short time-span. Not trying to false hope people, which is why I have been honest with my limitations, or if someone is good in that technical area, they maybe interested in getting involved.

I was thinking of other options, but I wouldn't be able to do name or class. I could put the respec demon's option there, so you would get skill point reassignment (no spells, perhaps spell books?) and the mirror for appearance.

I read somewhere that the Larian developers went on Holiday so there will be a lull in any updates or replies.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I guess youve seen this one?

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=526440&gonew=1#UNREAD

"While explaining to someone why this was impossible, I accidentally created a mod that allows you customize four characters by putting an extra character creation screen in front of the normal one.

You can download it here:
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/21/?

I also changed the game to allow four players to connect in multiplayer, but I haven't tested to see if this works yet. If you manage to get this working with more than 2 people, posting your experiences would help greatly.

Anyway, hopefully someone will enjoy this mod. Please report any issues you have in this thread. I suspect this is going to break a lot of things.
"

D
Doz Offline
stranger
stranger
D
As a possible workaround for the 4 player creation (posted on Steam thread as I did not have an account here originally)

Depending on how you can script the game flow... Is is possible to have the existing character selection screen for the first two then the next game 'scene' is the character creation screen again for the 3rd/4th characters?
Original post:

re: 4 players from the start (and the lone wolf issue) is it at all possible to run the character customisation screen for the first two chars as normal, then instead of going to the game when finished and accepted, it takes you to character customisation screen 2 for the following 2 characters? This would also allow you to run a test for the lone wolf perk (ie. if both initial chars have it then you cant make additional, if one has it then there is only one char on the second screen)

Not sure how much you can script the flow of the game from char customisation to gameplay but if it is possible it would get around the GUI issues at least

Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
I will try doing rougelikes's possible solution to it. Feel a litte silly that I didn't think to try that.

Effectively, he has one level for two characters, then a second level for the other two.

I will get this sorted and if it is working comfortably, I will move it into a new thread with an open-beta with a download link on Nexus.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 24/07/14 02:42 PM.
Tiaexz Offline OP
OP Offline
To keep things seperate, 'FourPlay' or the Four Source Hunter mod will be discussed in the following topic:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=61&Number=526890

I
stranger
stranger
I
Hey Tiaexz. I'm having issues with the Simple 4 Player, my friends cannot joing, the third player to enter always get a message of full server, I even edited the main.pak. to 4 players with hex editor, but it didn't work. Could you help me?

Last edited by Ieglov; 13/09/14 01:38 AM.

Love Divinity Origina Sin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard