#522192 17/07/14 05:38 PM
X
Xavery Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
Hello

So, my Divinity Engine crashes badly. I've made a map and then decided to check it out. Created AI, Male Player, setted it as player and launched test. Then DE froze and died. Every try to open my map ends while loading a second after "Character MalePlayer_000 doesn't have an alignment" log occures, when Widows gently offers me to kill non-responding DE.

Any solution? Or even chance to make my map working again?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
same problem here.. i gonna eat my shoes

T
stranger
stranger
T
same problem here too, new Ai grid and the level can't be open

stranger
stranger
Same problem. This was all working fine for me yesterday. frown

X
Xavery Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
Well, as a test I've made a second and third map. After I did AI, Male Player and checked him as a player character once it was allright, the second map has crashed all again. But there's more: when it was good the textures I've put on Base ground has been bugged. Every change on them crashed the game, but deleting all used textures (in used textures menu) and make it all since the beggining repaired the map.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Yeah, same here. Terrain painting is really buggy. Lost 8-10hrs on my Tristram map.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
well i am going to try this option. But removing the textures has nothing to do with the creation of a AI grid.. how does that fix it?

Last edited by Feared; 18/07/14 09:56 AM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
even without textures the AI grid crashed the game for me saying that its protecting its files after a reload.

X
Xavery Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
Well, it seems we have a Reason of the Crash of the Month Winner!
Howeher You need to set the AI, don't put it on map, or You will cry!

And now seriously, any way to fix crashed by AI map or it's lost for good?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
you can delete the AI and meta data folder of your level/module. if i am correct it should work..
The only thing is you cannot do is walk around and that limit your possibility's up to 90% of the engine. So cosmetics only for now :<

Last edited by Feared; 18/07/14 10:42 AM.
X
Xavery Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
I did deleted AI/Char, as I wrote on Steam forum ("I tried to delete any AI/Character folders from ...\Steam\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine\Mods\[modname], but didn't worked. Maybe we have to change somethig in .LSB datas in Autosave folder to make it work?"). We have to choose one site to talk if we don't want to miss informations laugh

Last edited by Xavery; 18/07/14 10:51 AM.
stranger
stranger
This problem is persistent to all sort of cleaning. Uninstalling/reinstalling don't solve it, neither checking path or deleting the old maps you've created.

Reloading the map crash the Divinity Engine if you have generated the AI grid. Then the map is kinda lost 'cause it'll crash everytime you'll try to open it. Aaand, here we are.

It's only a guess but i think last patch messed something with the AI grid, now for the maps currently bugged i like to believe they'll be accessible again when the problem will be fixed. If i were you i'll keep them somewere safe "in case of".
I wonder if it's safe to map anything right now, as long as you don't generate the AI grid. Wich imply no "testing".

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."
X
Xavery Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
X
Aaand seems it's the bast way to do so far. If it worked well untill the patch then You have to by right; I can't confirm it, started creating right after the patch. Thnks anyway! smile

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by docalypse
...on my Tristram map.

I think we may have the same idea. I'm just trying to start from the beginning and make to the Den of Evil for now, but can't get the editor to do sh*t for me.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
make your maps without AI grid for now. i have been doing that since this morning and i haven't received one error.

M
stranger
stranger
M
If you want to reopen your level you can do this:

remove the generated.dat in your Editor\Levels\[LevelName]\AI\ folder
remove the painted.dat in your Editor\Levels\[LevelName]\AI\ folder
remove the surfaces.dat in your Editor\Levels\[LevelName]\AI\ folder

If I remove this 3 files, I could re-open my level. But when I re-generate AI grid it's impossible to reload the level... It crash again, even if I change the size or the paint of my terrain...

Hope it's helpfull...

T
stranger
stranger
T
there is a dark force solution. Download a warez version of divinity orininal sin, and use the "warez" Editor without update just to generate ai grid when you need. you can move your levels folder to that.

Oh and don't blame me to say this, if we are here, its because we have buy the game and the last update break some editor features.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
or we could try to roll back our engine tool with a old patch.

stranger
stranger
No need to plundge our hands in dark magic yet, i believe Larian will patch this soon enough. (I hope)

Buuuut i must admit this is a sort of solution yes.

As anyone send a report of the bug to Larian yet ? It is known ?

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."
T
stranger
stranger
T
Yeah, but this is the week end, so no update before the new week. I've spend 1 week to learn things about the engine, I can't resist, I need to create, black magic is so powerful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard