Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I've followed the set-up tutorials, I've followed the "required for a level" video on Twitch, I've re-installed .net, I've reinstalled D:OS and the Divinity Engine, I've verified my Data and Editor folders are set correctly, and I've removed config.xml and started over.

The editor engine is still broken and useless for me. When I make a character to try to view in game view, the screen is black, I can't see anything, etc.

When I try to reload that level, the editor crashes after 10 or so "Attempted to write protected memory, this is usually an indicator that memory is corrupt" (which it isn't).

I've read all of the posts that return when I search google for "Divinity Engine Attempted to write protected memory", and none have worked.

Can I get some help with this? The only thing that exists in my module is flat terrain, a male player character, and AI grid.

stranger
stranger
There is actually a problem that me and some others have been experiencing with crash right after reloading the level. This occur after generating the AI grid.

This won't help you solve your problem but maybe understand him, so look here ;
-http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=522192#Post522192
-http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=522149#Post522149

Those are threads (today's fresh) about the Ai grid problem. Maybe for you the problem is located elsewhere but i recommand taking a peek just in case your problem is somewhat the same.
I too believed at first that the "protected memory" and the "MalePlayer000 don't have alignment" were the cause of the crashs but after "experiencing" a bit it appear those reloading crashes only occurs if the AI grid is generated.

Try reloading a new level without the AI grid, if it still crash look forward to uncheck "read only" in the properties of the Data folder in your Divinity Original Sin folder.
Hope this will help.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."

Link Copied to Clipboard