Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey guys, my question is rather simple but i think it cover a big part of what's still unexplained about the editor ;
(Maybe i missed it but i did not found any tutorial.)

How do i put them in specifics situations ? I've figured out how to give them "scripts" for exemple i've given the "wander" script to one of my guards and now he's "wandering" around.
BUT i only find specifics scripts in the scripts list. Do i need to write one myself ?

What if i want one of my guard to "look wounded" ? Or another one to have his weapon unsheathed ? Is that preset elsewhere or am i missing something ?

I've found little to no informations about NPCs and figuring things out of the main mod is kinda hard if you don't already know where to search.

Last edited by Spaceman; 21/07/14 07:19 AM.

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views."
stranger
stranger
I think you'll have to write one yourself; I'm not sure how easy it will be. I would unpack the game data (there is a tool somewhere on the forum), and look at some of the scripts (you can open them in notepad).

If you've done any programming before actually writing the thing will probably be ok; they look like simple state machines. Unfortunately there is a lot of information that is still difficult to figure out just from reading them.

There is a wouded character in Hiberium, perhaps see what is applied to them and do the same for your guard?

Yes, at the moment, it is best to recycle assets unless you are able to do reverse engineer and do so from scratch.

Link Copied to Clipboard