Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#524759 21/07/14 02:10 PM
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
Steam Divinity Mac version has been updated to address overall performance and specific shadows issues in Luculla forest.

IMPORTANT! The version will be the same. You can ensure that you have latest build by going to Steam application properties and verifying BuildID: 332151

You can expect decent FPS increase. On our tests platforms it was from around 45 to 60.

Integrated video cards will get much lower boost, but still.

We haven't placed all the optimisations yet as we want to put them in small chunks, expect more this week.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 21/07/14 02:13 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
What about PC laptop performance? I have a laptop with SLI Nvidia 650m cards and an i7 Intel 3630QM (2.4-3.4GHz). Will a similar patch be made available for PC soon?

And I would very much like to know the specs on your test system as well if you don't mind sharing...

Last edited by MetaMoose; 21/07/14 03:13 PM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
It's just Mac GL renderer enhancements/command buffer ops decrease to be precise. The rig is a custom MacPro type machine built for development. I also listed debug FPS, release one is about 20 more.

i7 3,5Ghz
AMD HD6xxx 1024Mb
Nvidia GTX680 4095Mb
Fusion drive

Last edited by Stauff1138; 21/07/14 03:37 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Stauff1138
Steam Divinity Mac version has been updated to address overall performance and specific shadows issues in Luculla forest.

IMPORTANT! The version will be the same. You can ensure that you have latest build by going to Steam application properties and verifying BuildID: 332151

You can expect decent FPS increase. On our tests platforms it was from around 45 to 60.

Integrated video cards will get much lower boost, but still.

We haven't placed all the optimisations yet as we want to put them in small chunks, expect more this week.

Hi! I got my game from GoG.com. How do I get the updated version mentioned above?

Elverils/Larian Studios
OP Offline
Elverils/Larian Studios
I submitted all relevant info to Gog as well. Expect it in 1-2 days at maximum

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Stauff1138
I submitted all relevant info to Gog as well. Expect it in 1-2 days at maximum

Thanks! Will check GoG's website in the coming days. BTW, great game! Congratulations!

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard