Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
eidolon Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I was wondering if you could skip the whole "free the witch" part. If you free her, she will give you a ring that you need to show the hidden servants in Hunters's Edge so that they hand over a note and a teleportation crystal, but apparently you can just as well kill them and proceed.
If I am not mistaken, Hiberheim only has 2 starstones (iron maiden + treasure room), so that would still be enough to enter the temple.

Last edited by eidolon; 25/07/14 10:47 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
You can also TK a pyramid past the force field in the wizard's house. So yeah seems totally optional.

old hand
old hand
Unless you go the rout of killing every NPC, I don't think it is skipable. Right now I'm in Hunters Edge and since I originaly skipped disabling the barrier, had to go back. The mushrooms told me to find some Mardino guy between the sad and grumpy troll on a cliff.

I originally figured that to destroy the barrier, you had to get deep inside the immaculants. The little "goose chase" the mushrooms sent me on to find this wizard lead to me a nasty death. The cliff that the wizard was "spooted on" has a switch that when you pull it, it will stop two fireballs shooting but creates a lava field that causes instant death.

I'm actually wondering if this wizard guy exists, I'd like to find him to kill him off over that nasty trap.

When you go to destroy the mushrooms to disable the barrier, kill the mushrooms with melee or ranged, don't use magic as that makes them spawn more like crazy.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 26/07/14 10:24 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Hint : you're not looking for Maradino himself, just a spell that he's created.

And it's near a very dangerous hill.

old hand
old hand
I've combed the entire area, there is no spell. I spent a good hour looking before deciding to wipe the mushrooms and just move on.

The mushrooms LIED! So now they are a topping on my pizza smile

Last edited by LightningLockey; 26/07/14 10:26 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I've combed the entire area, there is no spell. I spent a good hour looking before deciding to wipe the mushrooms and just move on.

There is a spell, you just need perception to find it.

Link Copied to Clipboard