Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#531582 29/07/14 02:14 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Have just started playing original sin and after nearly 20 hours in I would like to thank Larian studios on a phenomenal job. This is a brilliant piece of work that so far ticks all my boxes.

I just wonder when I will be able to get my life back lol

Last edited by Col Whatmecallit; 29/07/14 02:15 PM.

Don't you just hate it when you forget where you parked the dragon.
enthusiast
enthusiast
You will after 120 hours (assuming of course you don't want to play some of the mods that are bound tio appear smile )

W
stranger
stranger
W
Agreed, game is wonderful so far. I wonder if they will make plans to release more content. Maybe like a level 22-30 zone or something. I haven't gotten close enough to the end to see if the story is capable of swinging more content.

I realize 80-100 hours is quite sufficient, and already I feel as though I have my money's worth. But I might be willing to rub some pennies together for more... =)

stranger
stranger
I registered just so I could post the same thread. Finally a game for those not adverse to reading, thinking, and actually exploring the game world as opposed to being lead around and directed at every step. I'm about 12 hours in and I'm still only level 3. I've not had this much fun since Arcanum.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I just registered as well to thank you for an amazing game. I have been playing RPG's since Planescape Torment and the original Fallout, and every time a new RPG comes out I hope that it will remind me of these titles. Every one of them has failed until now.

It is a breath of fresh air to not have your hand held throughout an RPG.
One thing I wish for though is to have a Journal Tab that we could actually type in, for our own notes. I use Map Markers religiously but would be nice to be able to type out thoughts in our journal.

Anyways thank you Larian for making what is probably the best RPG in decades. I am 34 yrs old and this brings me back to why I love RPGS in the first place.

A
addict
addict
A
I'm already 30 hours and i'm still in the same town. Am i doomed? Hmm..

Oh and i forgot the Thank You for this masterpiece.

Last edited by Archaven; 29/07/14 07:33 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Venturing cautiously out of town, level 4 I think after a couple of weeks in Cyseal, very enjoyable and meaty, Morrowind/Gothic fans get in here. Hands are not held smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
Me too, 28hrs in the same town. I think I spend more time in Cyreal than my own town haha.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by StudioGremlin
I just registered as well to thank you for an amazing game. I have been playing RPG's since Planescape Torment and the original Fallout, and every time a new RPG comes out I hope that it will remind me of these titles. Every one of them has failed until now.

I'm with you on that. Its like being reunited with a long lost friend. I honestly thought the good old days of this kind of RPG had gone. Everything these days seems to be survival this and survival that.

Hey Larian if you ever have plans to do a sequel or something similar like this in the future with Kickstarter again let me know. I definetly would be interested in backing it.

Last edited by Col Whatmecallit; 30/07/14 01:56 PM.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Jacob Marner
You will after 120 hours (assuming of course you don't want to play some of the mods that are bound tio appear smile )

Or going through it again as a different build making different choices. This game has so much replayability.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Yes, Larian deserves praise for this game. It is one of the only games for which I have paid full price and not felt cheated within probably the past ten years, maybe more. I almost waited for a Steam sale on this one because retail price on almost every other game has been too high given the quality of product. I am glad I didn't.

apprentice
apprentice
Yes thank you Larian !
It's a new life for the RPG. that's just fantastic.
I hope you will continue to improve the engine and the modding capacity, the community will provide tons of new contents.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I agree with you there Mirza. I waited for this to go on sale as well but then realised that it was selling so well at full price it must be very good and therefore unlikely to go on offer anytime soon.

I chose this over dark souls 2 which I believe will probably have more of a chance being in a sale soon. DOS is most definetly worh the asking price. A rare thing indeed these days.

Last edited by Col Whatmecallit; 31/07/14 09:41 AM.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
I'm waiting for LoversLab mods before replaying it.
After over 100 hours abandoning 1 single player and co-op campaign. Then finishing it recently in Co-Op, I'm kinda burned out.

Link Copied to Clipboard