Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#534173 01/08/14 11:25 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

I've been having this issue while playing D:OS where my monitor will just randomly switch to standby. The game is still apparently running in the background - at least there is still sound. No amount of mouse wangling or ctrl-alt-del or alt-tab rescues the situation and i have to hard reset the PC.

Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder whether it might just be the gfx card getting too hot? I don't play many games so haven't noticed the same happening elsewhere.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6970

enthusiast
enthusiast
Strange. It might be soe weird interaction with Windows.

Have you tried switching to "Fake Fullscreen" mode in video option for D:OS. It might help. That is the mode that works best for me.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just tried it and only lasted about 10 minutes frown

Support
Support

Did you try windowed mode?

Does it make a difference if you drop the resolution and lower the graphics settings?

Did you check your power settings in Windows? Try high performance and disable power saving modes for the monitor.

If you don't have similarly demanding games to try, you could run 3DMark or something to see if that causes the same problem. If this just happens with D:OS, I don't know what is going one; in general it could be caused by the video card overheating, power supply, or something.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Cheers Raze, i tried all suggestions without success but in the end i took the gfx card out and gave it a good clean which seems to have fixed the problem. The fan is noticeably quieter so i'm pretty sure it was a heat issue.

Anyway, game on.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard