Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#536060 03/08/14 01:01 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Ok, I've cleared this area out except for the Death Knights and Cassandra.

I know what to do with Cassandra's bones (I think, fry them on that alter?). I know they are supposed to be at the end of some bridge near the Death Temple. But I can't find them anywhere. Where are they?

I have the diary and the blood. I don't have the spell found "elsewhere" to combine with the blood so that I can deal with the Death Knights. Did I miss it? Where is it? And, how is it used?

Thanks.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
With a limited amount of spoil:

About the death temple, there was a note about an improved potion of perception and all the ingredient to brew one. It may help if you raise your perception, but you may do it without with a little observation and abuse of the isometric view.

Craft the diary and the blood together to make the death bane skillbook. It removes the death knight immunity for 3 turn with a 3 turn cooldown. The skill book doesn't disappear after learning the skill so the whole party can get it.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Wow really? I destroyed all the sentinels there and searched the place. My Ranger has a 10+ perception. I'll try again. Maybe just start digging at random places.

The diary is the spell?! Was there some freaking way I was supposed to know that? Man I hate this game sometimes.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Ah sorry, I misread, the spell is not the diary. The spell is available in the luculla mine.

As for death temple, no point to dig, focus on wall.

Some spoilers:

Cassandra's bones: You don't have to place them on an altar or anything. Just use firespells on them once you dig them out.

The spell rests in the mines' temple, inside the big blue bubble. Have you been there?
You'll have to go through several mirrors. One mirror in particular gives you an option to travel somewhere, an option the other mirrors lack.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Gotcha!
Some spoilers:

Cassandra's bones: You don't have to place them on an altar or anything. Just use firespells on them once you dig them out.

The spell rests in the mines' temple, inside the big blue bubble. Have you been there?
You'll have to go through several mirrors. One mirror in particular gives you an option to travel somewhere, an option the other mirrors lack.

Well crap I don't even remember where that is. Was there a portal in it, if so what was it called?

EDIT: You're going to have to be a lot more obvious as to where those bones are. My Ranger had a 12 perception and I've searched the walls inside and outside. Nothing.

Last edited by LeBurns; 04/08/14 01:37 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Have you actually went inside the Temple of Death yet? By "inside" I mean a zone change with a loading screen.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
The Temple of Death 'flag' on the map is just the area where the four sentinels where. There's another Death Temple? Why the hell would the game designers put a Death Temple flag on the map, then leave clues to check the Death Temple, and then have a completely other location be the actual Death Temple? I can't go anywhere else (including into the Temple) on the map because of the Death Knights. I can't sneak into the Temple because it's surrounded by enemies and if I start a fight with them a Death Knight always joins in and I can't run from a fight because of an ability I picked. So I'm stuck fighting and dying.

Well if I can't get the bones from the Temple fine, if I could just get the spell to make the ability to weaken Death Knights that would be great. I have the diary and I have the vial of blood. I just need to know where the spell is to mix with the blood.

Once I have that the Death Knights are manageable and I can move on with this map.

Massive spoilers ahead:

The temple o' death is where you encountered the four sentinels.
In order to enter the death temple, you'll need to place one of your pyramids in the spot where several dead bodies lie, then pull the lever. Then use the other pyramid and you're in.
In here you'll need a rather high perception. Cassandra's grave is in here somewhere, behind a wall.
Dig her up and set her on fire.

To get the spellbook: Remember when you fled the mines through the mirrors? One mirror send you off to the surface. You'll need to return to the surface mirror, which can bring you back to the mines. In there you'll need to find the one mirror that gives you a destination that other mirrors don't. (I forgot what the exact destination is, but it's not 'crypt', nor 'entrance', nor 'library'.
Someone correct me where needed please.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks Gotcha!

As I generally try to do, after reading what the 'way in' is I am trying to figure out how I would have known to do that trick with the pyramids. Honestly it looked like those items on the alter were being toasted, not transported, so there is no way I would have thought to do that.

PS - Still very ticked that there is a big yellow marker on my map saying that where the sentinals were is the Death Temple, and I'm told by the tree corpses that the bones are at the Death Temple, but this Death Temple is not the correct Death Temple. frown

I guess, this way into the Death Temple is for those (like me) that can't deal with the Death Knights, as I can't go through the front door.

I do recall a place with mirrors and all that, but have no idea where it is now. I've gone back and went to every portal I have and none lead to it. I guess what I need is the location of the mirror on the outside ... or even what map it was on.

Last edited by LeBurns; 04/08/14 04:54 PM.
If it makes you feel better, I needed to look up how to enter the temple of death myself.
It would have never occured to me to send down one of the pyramids, since I don't consider these items 'dead', but rather inanimate.

The mirror you're looking for is present on the surface of the Luculla map. There are two mirrors present. One is the exit mirror from Loic's (or whatever his name was) basement (the building in Silverglen, where you took the Immaculate's first test). Needless to say, you'll be needing the other one.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Thanks Gotcha.

I really want to go in the front door if I can and take out those Death Knights (and everything else) just for the EXP. So ... got to go find that mirror.

veteran
veteran
Not sure if that's even intended... I did it by simply murdering off my main and sending him over...

Then had to resort to a guide to find out how to revive on another map, just to note I forgot those silly teleporters again... even if some hour or so earlier I wanted to stick one in a skull for teleporting (didn't work) smirk

A few times you can make such wild ideas that would be awesome if they work, but don't, sadly enough frown

T
T
LeBurns...I'm kinda confused. you said you destroy all those sentinels? without Death Knight's Bane, how did you do it? if you can destroy Sentinel guardians, you should be able to deal with Death Knights~

as for entering the temple; well, no living can enter, teleport pyramid is not living thing, so it can enter:)

veteran
veteran
3 of the 4 have destruct-mechanisms... (if the 4th has I don't know it)

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Just as a sidenote - there is a bloodstone the eyesocket of the big statue behind Cassandra's grave. And yes, I did have to look that up in a guide.

As for the spell to combine with the blood to get the death knight bane, it is somewhere in the Luculla Mines. As for getting to Cassandra's grave, you'll need to get through a door that doesn't look like a door.....it is a deception....

Teacher from Denmark

Link Copied to Clipboard