Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sammael Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Not sure if game devs keep posting that info or if it remains some sort of trade secret. I kind of want to see/hear that the D:OS devs are now sleeping on piles of cash like Huell:

[Linked Image]

P
stranger
stranger
P
Rollin' with phat stax I imagine XD

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
#1 on Steam for top seller.

I hope it stay that way for other months laugh

A
addict
addict
A
They are gonna get even moar money when come to winter sales if they priced it right! Divinity is a masterpiece where i gladly pay full price. But i understand some other casuals will wait for sales smile

addict
addict
All we know is that the game is selling very well and that Larian is swimming in cash. smile

We can only guess how many copies have been sold, I'd say currently between 500K and 1M.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I really hope Swen can find the time to post a forum post/update on lar.net

But we'll let them work first I suppose..There is a long weekend coming up.There is sleep to be lost!

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
apprentice
apprentice
I'd love to hear how well it has sold. So many seem to think PC games can't sell anymore unless it's WoW. Well, I think it can if it's good. Divinity is proving it.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by bzombo
I'd love to hear how well it has sold. So many seem to think PC games can't sell anymore unless it's WoW. Well, I think it can if it's good. Divinity is proving it.

If those people exist, they shouldn't. D:OS probably doing fairly well, but there are many others that have done amazingly well, like:

DayZ
Rust
Minecraft
Gary's Mod
LOL
WOT
etc

These are all 10 million plus sellers and we are hoping D:OS is at 500k. Trying to put a perspective here, first that the PC market is viable and that as good as D:OS has done... it still has a lot of room for sales improvement.

addict
addict
You do realize all of those games have been out far longer than D:OS, right? Also, none of those games (so far as I can tell, not sure what LOL or WOT are) are even remotely the same genre as D:OS. Given that, I'm confused as to your last point.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

If those people exist, they shouldn't. D:OS probably doing fairly well, but there are many others that have done amazingly well, like:

DayZ
Rust
Minecraft
Gary's Mod
LOL
WOT
etc

These are all 10 million plus sellers and we are hoping D:OS is at 500k. Trying to put a perspective here, first that the PC market is viable and that as good as D:OS has done... it still has a lot of room for sales improvement.

Right, but it seems more and more developers are making for consoles and just porting over to pc if making for pc at all. Very few developers concentrate on PC games. It's nice to see D:OS doing well. Hopefully, Obsidian does well with their Kickstarter pc game also. Maybe more will be encouraged to develop more pc games. Let's also consider what a small percentage of the games out there that list of yours is.

Last edited by bzombo; 14/08/14 10:25 PM.
old hand
old hand
Right, but it seems more and more developers are making for consoles and just porting over to pc if making for pc at all. Very few developers concentrate on PC games. It's nice to see D:OS doing well. Hopefully, Obsidian does well with their Kickstarter pc game also. Maybe more will be encouraged to develop more pc games. Let's also consider what a small percentage of the games out there that list of yours is.

I would agree with your statements several years back now. I think the PC platform has clearly proven itself viable for developers now for a while. Great to see D:OS doing well, I'm pretty sure Obsidian will do well as a few others to.

The new trend I think I'm just starting to see if the big houses are now creating smaller teams and make them act more indy'ish in how they operate and develop games. So this will either be a good thing, or they are trying to sabotage the legits in their usual corporate ways, infiltrate, knock out the competition and then return to form.

Link Copied to Clipboard