Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
So the story flowed pretty well through Cyseal stage. Now I'm in Luculla and it's frustrating me to no end.

Find the witch? Nope, forcefield.
Explore the mines? Nope, death knights.
Sort out the troll king? Nope, statue.
Investigate the Immaculate village? Too high level.

And no explanation for anything.

Granted I haven't gone to the spider area yet so maybe that's where I should go. But between all the running around and faffing about in the inventory I'm starting to feel bogged down and bored. Did anyone else lose steam in Luculla?

"We shall not fear the coming of the shadow of death."
R
R
Well the forcefield is easy to break and is very close by the hut. From there on the story keeps flowing smoothly. I guess you maybe read over something or when you spoke with the mushrooms you either failed to complete there riddle or was just to eager to skip it.

You get a pretty big hint as how to break the forcefield.

In any case once you break the forcefield I am pretty sure that you will be busy upto like level 13-14 .

With kind regards,

Rashar.

T
T
I actually got the thingy to break the force field before I got there~

you'll get hints and clues, mostly quite easy to spot...the troll king, however, need to be very, very thorough~~

come to think of it, Troll's Bounty should be part of main quest, and its solution should not be handled as it is now.

btw, I got kinda bored later in phantom forest, just a series of battles,,,"let me do the final battle already~~!!!"

G
stranger
stranger
G
You'll find a way into the witch's cabin if you explore the rest of the woodland area. If you can't find the way forward in this game, the answer is almost always, "screw around and look for treasure."

Specifics under the spoiler.

Specifically, there's a hill covered in crazy traps which has a barrier-dissipating scroll - left behind by Maradino, a mage you'll be hearing plenty about.

You can also just kill the mushrooms, but that's the lame way of doing it.

T
banned
banned
T
People need to stop saying the way to break the witches force field is close to the hut because it's not, which also makes what is said in the game about it being close also false.

The definition of CLOSE means literally right nearby say within 10 feet. Close does not mean scrolling 3 screen map areas over.

I've been all around the witches hut area with ALT held down while searching and there is nothing that removes the force field.

the language barrier between Americans and the UK or wherever this game was made is not even the same.
So it's causing huge problems when playing.

When you ship a game to an area of the world or allow people in an area of the world to get it, then you need to cater it to the section of the world where it's being sent to or people have access to it.

Right now there are so many incorrectly spelled words and definitions to words that don't even have the same meanings it's ridiculous.

Of course the people outside the USA continue arguing and using their language to say theirs is right but none of that shit is even relevant, the game is in the USA which mans the way the USA does things shows what's in the game is incorrect according to America.

People can argue until their blue in the face with such things as they way they spell Customize
is with an S...but in America it's spelled with a Z so in America if it's not spelled with a Z it's wrong in America..it doesn't matter what other people outside the USA think, in America it's wrong.

The game has a major language barrier problem and needs to be fixed.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by tx3000
People need to stop saying the way to break the witches force field is close to the hut because it's not, which also makes what is said in the game about it being close also false.

The definition of CLOSE means literally right nearby say within 10 feet. Close does not mean scrolling 3 screen map areas over.

It is within 10 feet. One option to get it down: Just whack the two mushrooms left and rigth of it and the force field is going to go away.

The problem is not language, but your attention span. wink

Last edited by Tripledragon; 16/08/14 09:27 PM.
T
T
the game rewards exploration points, you explore, getting xp, secrets, solutions for quests...

addict
addict
As I recall I lost a RPS with a mushroom and couldn't get in that way. I had to cheat and look it up to find the other way. No clues in game helped.

T
T
I think mushroom asks riddles; the immaculate guy offers RSP; as I said, you could stumble upon the quest item during exploration before getting to the barrier...

addict
addict
I tried to answer the riddles, but my other PC said I was wrong. We did a RPS and I lost, so I was forced to give the incorrect answer and then the mushroom wouldn't help anymore.

The other guy I also lost a RPS.

Oddly enough I figured that since they put RPS into the game I would use it and stick to the results. As a result I, by game design, missed out on a whole lot of stuff in this game ... or I had to cheat to get it.

Now ask me what I think of the RPS feature in this game...

Last edited by LeBurns; 16/08/14 11:27 PM.
T
T
when you play with no AI presets, you can have disagreement, and comes RSP, but it'll be you who play both sides of the game, it's useless since it's totally up to you who wins the argument~ this is just wrong~

addict
addict
I like the idea of the PC's having disagreements, but when they can override your decision it just takes the game-play out of your hands.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by LeBurns
I like the idea of the PC's having disagreements, but when they can override your decision it just takes the game-play out of your hands.

Ahem, this reminds me somehow of real life hehe You are working on a certain project with another person, they are absolutely sure that some thing HAS to be done in a certain way (although they are completely wrong) and at the end, you have to clean up all the mess...

T
stranger
stranger
T
To answer the OP's question, yes, I started to lose steam as well. There did not seem to be a logical order in which to tackle the quests and the story seemed a bit fuzzy to me. And yes, the inventory drives me a little batty as well.

All that said, I'm still very much enjoying the game and the only thing I can suggest is to just keep exploring and keep saving your games. Not just the quick saves but name your saves so you can recognize them later. I found I needed to go back to a save point in Lucella and lose about an hour of play once I finally got the gist of what was going on. It's not that I HAD to; I wanted to.

T
banned
banned
T
This is one of those aspects where the people who are already past this point are going to say all sorts of [...] comments such as use your brain or whatever. But that's not relevant here because the way things work in games is like this:

When a player gets a message that clearly states: There is Something nearby that will remove the force field. Then that literally means THERE IS AN ITEM SOMEWHERE ON THE GROUND/in a chest or something NEARBY THAT YOU PICK UP AND USE ON THE FORCE FIELD. ALT Highlights everything on the ground (OR it's supposed to anyway) which means you would be able to locate the item. Guess what, there is no item anywhere near or around the witches hut that breaks that force-field like the game says there is.

That is how it works in games so don't bother arguing...

Now since there is no item to find then that means the game is bugged because the item you need isn't there thus making IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BREAK THE FORCE FIELD according to what the game is telling you.

So how about since the game developers want to put messages in the game to tell the player there is an item nearby, that they ACTUALLY PUT THE DAMN ITEM INTO THE GAME WHERE THE PLAYERS WAS TOLD IT IS. How stupid can developers get? NVM don't answer it's obvious!

Anyone that wants to apply the "WELL IN REAL LIFE [...]" can go [..]. I'm sick of gamers being that stupid where they start bringing that up. Not only is that comment super idiotic and [...] annoying, but players that think real life applies to games or the situations do, makes them the most [...] game player in existence.

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 09:26 PM. Reason: removed offensive language
enthusiast
enthusiast
take a chill pill.. I'm quite certain you can make your point without reverting to name calling and rudeness

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
addict
addict
You're wasting your time trying to address him. He's the resident troll, constantly seeking his toll.

T
banned
banned
T
[inappropriate content removed again - v.]

Last edited by Vometia; 17/08/14 05:18 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by tx3000

I've been all around the witches hut area with ALT held down while searching and there is nothing that removes the force field.

the language barrier between Americans and the UK or wherever this game was made is not even the same.
So it's causing huge problems when playing.

When you ship a game to an area of the world or allow people in an area of the world to get it, then you need to cater it to the section of the world where it's being sent to or people have access to it.

Right now there are so many incorrectly spelled words and definitions to words that don't even have the same meanings it's ridiculous.

Of course the people outside the USA continue arguing and using their language to say theirs is right but none of that shit is even relevant, the game is in the USA which mans the way the USA does things shows what's in the game is incorrect according to America.

People can argue until their blue in the face with such things as they way they spell Customize
is with an S...but in America it's spelled with a Z so in America if it's not spelled with a Z it's wrong in America..it doesn't matter what other people outside the USA think, in America it's wrong.

There are two solutions to the barrier. One is strongly hinted to you if you win RPS with the mushroom nearby (within ten feet). They mention a release spell that you have to locate (near where you fight the nectar-drunken goblins). Use that while standing near the fallen door next to the hut (less than ten feet). The second option I believe is killing the shrooms.

Look up the vocab in Webster, you whiny WoW twat. Both spelling patterns are listed.

T
banned
banned
T
Torachan I am sick and tired of all you [...] trying to justify the language barrier with all these stupid [...] excuses. I am also sick to death of explaining this to people and people getting on me with all the [...] excuses.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD:
WHEN A GAME IS IN AMERICA THE ONLY WORDS, SPELLING, DEFINITIONS AND LANGUAGE, THAT APPLY, ARE THE AMERICAN VERSIONS OF THEM...
NOT UK, NOT ENGLAND'S, NOT AUSTRALIA, NOT CHINA, NOT TURKEY, NOT WHAT THE OXFORD DICTIONARY SAYS.

When in America YOU WILL USE THE AMERICAN WAY OF DOING THINGS YOU WAY IS OBSOLETE IN AMERICA...

NOW FOR THE WITCHES HUT...Dont' give me that shit abouot the goblins ok because THOSE DRUNK GOBLINS ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE WITCHES HUT......NEVER MIND NEAR IT....and you full well know it.

So who [...] are you or anyone to try and tell someone they should have known the WITCHES HUT BARRIER AND THIS ARE ARE EVEN CONNECTED when the statement clearly says NEAR and you are not even anywhere NEAR the witches hut in this encounter.

ALSO HOLDING ALT DOWN WILL SHOW YOU ANYTHING AROUND......NOTHING WAS BY THE DRUNK GOBLINS..ALT WOULD HAVE SHOWED SOMETHING THERE WHETHER YOU WON THE ROCK PAPER SCISSOR GAME REGARDLESS.

[...]

Last edited by Elwyn; 17/08/14 05:46 PM. Reason: removed the worst of abusive language
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard