Next Thread
Print Thread
#548889 29/08/14 10:08 PM
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Does anyone know how to generate a name for custom crafted item?

In the game if you craft a wood shield, it generates the name "Home made Wooden shield" or something like that. However it seems that those names are generated only for existing items in the .txt files. In this case WPN_CraftedShield_03 will give the name "home made wooden shield" when crafted. However if you make a new item, say WPN_CraftedShield_04, the name of the item when crafted is blank.

I was able to make everything else work for my mod, I just don't know how to give the item a generated name. Items I custom made in the editor and added to the game via crafting (like refined fire essence) have the name I gave it on the actual item, but in the crafting combo screen it says the name of the item is "unknown."

Sorry, I don't really know how to ask this. Any insight would be welcomed.

F
stranger
stranger
F
You should be able to do it behind the scenes through scripting. When a player acquires a "WPN_CraftedShield_04", remove it and replace it with a premade item properly named. There is probably a legitimate way to do it as well but haven;t messed with it much.

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Maybe. Writing scripts simply to name the created items seems like over complicating it though. I've torn the game lsb, lsx and txt files apart and turned the editor upside down but still cant find how the game knows how to assign names to crafted items. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Have you tried messing around with Deltamodifier.txt yet?

Escape From Smalcatraz: Steam/Nexus. Forum thread.
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Yes i have. That file is used for item enchantments. It holds the prefixes and suffixes for item but not what I am looking for.

R
addict
addict
R
The crafting txt files within the Public/Main/Stats/ folder might hold some clues (the crafting combos and/or the preview file). I'm not that knowledgeable about those files, but there is a good chance that it is what links a custom name to crafted items.

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Those files house just the crafting combinations, it draws all the item information from all the other .txt files in the data and links folders. None of which handle the name of the item. A static name can be assigned in the editor for a item.

Crafted items dont exist in the editor though. The model information is there, but the stats and such are held in the .txt files and assigned by the deltamod, relevant base .txt (like weapons.txt) and given form by a combination (itemcombos.txt). How does it know a crafted sword1 is named "home made shortsword" change the 01 to 02 in the files and it produces the same exact item, just no name.

I have put almost 40 hrs of time in with all of those files. Funny enough unless your making a new level, you don't need the editor for much of anything. lol

W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I found it. Names of items, in addition to basically every bit of text in the game, is housed in the stats.lbs (Public\Main\Localization).

To give an item an in game name you have to open the TranslatedStringKey menu, create a new table and put the items reference name in the key column (like WPN_Void_staff_01) and then the items in game name in the content column.

Last edited by Wretched Enigma; 30/08/14 09:58 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard