Next Thread
Print Thread
#557959 03/11/14 04:47 AM
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Hello, I've already tried asking this on the Steam forums but I have yet to get a response. I followed instructions online in moving game screenshots to the Steam userdata folder. However, screenshots are still not showing up for me in the uploader. Has anyone who bought the Steam version having any success with this?

Support
Support

Did you name the files in the format Steam uses, and create the appropriate thumbnails? (see here, for example)

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
That's the thread I read originally. I'll scrap what I did and start over and see if there was an error I made in the process.

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Re-did everything and the game still does not show up on the screenshot uploader. I've been trying to figure this out for weeks :\

Support
Support

Sorry for the delay. I finally got a chance to check this out, and was able to get it to work essentially following the instructions in the link above. I'm not sure if that skipped a step or Steam changed how they organize screenshots.

I took a screenshot in D:OS and exited, then hit the 'show on disk' button in the Screenshot Uploader. That opened Explorer to the folder below, after which I exited Steam.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\114485680\760\remote\230230\screenshots\

That 230230 corresponds to Steam's app number for D:OS, as shown in the URL for the store page. The URL for DD is

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214170/

so I just clicked on the 'remote' folder and added the folder path ..\214170\screenshots\thumbnails

The D:OS screenshot was named 2014-11-14_00001.jpg; you can use the same for the DD screenshot and resized version, as well, or 2014-11-14_00002.jpg, etc.

After starting Steam again and opening the Screenshot Uploader, Divine Divinity was in the dropdown list of games, and my PrintScreen made screenshot and its thumbnail displayed.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard