Next Thread
Print Thread
#561597 20/01/15 12:40 AM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I know people say pickpocketing is a wasted skill to drop points into, but if it is high enough you can drop tenebrium weaps into the pockets of cultists you plan on killing en masse, just to drop their HP to 1 from the Rot. Great pre-battle softener. Just go adventuring for a while and return later.

Nanny

Last edited by thenannymoh; 20/01/15 12:41 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Or just crush them right away in a direct combat.

old hand
old hand
That's pretty clever, and even sounds overpowered (though probably unneeded in most fights that would benefit from this trick). I do like the concept of "reverse pickpocketing." I think a cooler tactic would be to replace a healing potion with a poison potion and have a character hurt or kill himself drinking the potion. They'd have to program that in though. It would also be neat if replacing an item you've stolen from someone with an item of equal weight (and perhaps of similar shape or type) would reset the total weight value that you could steal.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Agreed, although I find on Hard difficulty level, if you can kill a group of enemies far above your paygrade because the opportunity allows for the chance, the early game can then become easier in other areas with the better loot. Direct attack with my low level squishy lone-wolf mage and lone-wolf rogue against a large group of cultists 3 levels above is suicidal, thus planting some tenebrium to rot them out. Ya, it is a bit cheesy, but it does require me to pass the charm/reason minigames so they don't attack me on sight...when that doesn't work I start mashing the flee button smile

veteran
veteran
Hehe, that's some inventive thinking there... good job! smile

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by thenannymoh
I know people say pickpocketing is a wasted skill to drop points into, but if it is high enough you can drop tenebrium weaps into the pockets of cultists you plan on killing en masse, just to drop their HP to 1 from the Rot. Great pre-battle softener. Just go adventuring for a while and return later.

Nanny

Nice. Reminds me of reverse pickpocketing explosives in Fallout.

I think hate for Pickpocket / Lockpick is a bit overstated, especially since you can easily have Wolgraff cover that for you without sacrificing much.

Yes, or the hexed weapon exploits in Arcanum... smile

Sure, normally you're better off doing battles that fit your level but I know how frustrating it can get to find the correct quest order in this game... So this is an idea to use whenever you have to deal with much higher level enemies... Good thinking! smile

C
C
In the early stages of the game, I find pickpocketing together with stealing rather rewarding. The problem is, there's only one real hub with sufficient NPCs and houses to loot. Later on it's just one horse towns.

enthusiast
enthusiast
LOL thats hilarious, very creative. I accidently sold Bjorn a tenebrium weapon and realized rot will kill NPC's slowly as has been mentioned, I didnt repeat and mostly think Tenebrium is a nuisance for a variety of reasons, appearance wise the Tenebrium weapons look silly.

Turning a detriment to an advantage.

Yeah planting explosives on someone in Fallouts was always kinda fun, when I got tired of shooting them, burning them, stabbing them, disintegrating them, exploding them, bashing them or chopping them. I hardly ever got tired of called shots to the eyes or groin though, so I didnt do it that much.

C
C
Originally Posted by Felixg91

Yeah planting explosives on someone in Fallouts was always kinda fun, when I got tired of shooting them, burning them, stabbing them, disintegrating them, exploding them, bashing them or chopping them. I hardly ever got tired of called shots to the eyes or groin though, so I didnt do it that much.

Especially when they started to swear when realizing there's a life landmine in their pocket. Once I dropped one on three dog because I got tired of him. But even after he got blown to bits he never stopped broadcasting.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh I dint like Fallout 3, played through it once and felt like it was TRYING to be Fallout but was juat a pale and not so good imitation, also since it is basicly an FPS I really didnt like that part of it the most, I seriously dislike FPS style games. Ironicly I really got tired of 3 Dog too, thanks for blowing him up! I did kind of like the soundtrack though, and I did love Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics though, Wasteland 2 was not even in the same league in my opinion and it attracted a lot of Fallout fans, too bad as I backed it at $150 which I would/should have backed D:OS instead except I didnt know about it! Tragedy....Waiting for Pillars of Eternity which I also backed but that game is gonna have to be seriously good to push D:OS out of the must play right bloody now spot in my current gaming activity!

Cheers Buddy!

Link Copied to Clipboard