Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This warning message has been popping up whenever I load save games since Saturday, I have not tampered with the game but it says it is detecting corruption or tampering and advises I not use the save game, yet when I load the save game it plays fine, what is going on? Need I be concerned? Is there anything to do to fix that or is it just something I can hopefully ignore?

Raze, you tracking this? If anyone knows your the expert, whats up?

Thanks, I just finished playthorugh #7 and it happened at the very end of it ( when I teleported to Cyseal to check merchants and saved while there) andd is carrying into the new playthrough I started this morning.

Support
Support

Try creating a new profile and then start a new game.

Most often this error has been the result of using an earlier version of the save editor, or a couple times an error copying a save from one computer to another, etc (which re-copying would generally fix). It indicates there was some change in the save, but not whether it may be serious or not. The fact that something carried over into the new game is concerning, though.

If it still happens in a new profile, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder. If applicable, for a cleaner test you can disable Steam cloud support globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

After that, start D:OS, create a new profile and see if you can quickly start a new game and save/load. If that gets rid of the error, you can restart with the characters that you want. If you have the GOG version of the game, you would need to copy the 'DLC' folder from the renamed folder to the newly created 'Divinity Original Sin' folder, so you would have the companion DLC and (if applicable) the Source Hunter DLC enabled when you next started a game.

If you just want to get rid of the error, you can load a save in the Save Game Editor (Windows program, apparently can be run in Wine on Mac), extract the contents of the save, then in the save folder (in '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames') move or rename the .lsv file.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks Raze..

But I have not used any editor, I dont even have it downloaded. I keep meaning to but just enjoy playing far more than editing and wasting time doing both a download ( which with my internet takes an eternity) and editing a character which takes time from playing, which may not be that long.

I also only have D:OS on one computer so far the home location, I may buy a second copy to play at work or at the GF's. See if I had an actual disk I would just use that, but as it is now I am sorta forced into playing BG2 or Fallouts or ToEE at work when it is slow or at the GF's also when it is slow...LOL

I have Steam version. Never even been on GOG but have heard good things mostly.

It hasnt crashed the game or stopped me playing, except for the error message ( only when I load saves)... which if that is the only thing that happens I could care less, JUST LEMME PLAY AND PLAY AND PLAY!

Many thanks Raze, I will keep this entry ( and print it out easier to reference that way) if I have problems I shall refer to it.

Support
Support

If you wish you can zip one of your new saves and email it to supportdos@larian.com.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I might when I get home after work but if it continues working and I just started a new playthrough and have not tried to load, I may be OK anyway, as long as it doesnt crash and continues to save, load and play.

Thanks Buddy.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Well I did start a new game as I said when I completed playthrough #7, and as you foretold the message stopped coming up, weird but if it works I couldnt care less, what kind of baffles me altogether is that the game wasnt tampered with so how could it be corrupted?

I was in Cyseal, at a stage in the game where I never go to Cyseal anymore (very late game in the phantom forest swamp area), I started getting the corrupted message and the game crashed shortly after ( for the first time in 2 months) so I am suspicious of Cyseal now, back before the last patch the game would crash a lot in Cyseal, more than anywhere else.

Anyway, Thanks Raze, hopefully smooth sailing from here on out (again).

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard