Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey all,

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a good answer to this, so I hope someone has some insight:

It seems that the editor is still reasonably unstable, and the documentation doesn't seem to be great, but seeing Rhidian's topic really showed me that we're making headway, and the tutorial series is quite nice for getting set up as well.

Still, it seems like a character's stats are loaded from the start, and you can only modify a stat if there is a scripting command such as giving a character attribute or talent points. I can't seem to find anything that would let me alter the "PathInfluence" stat.

What I'm trying to do is run a script on level load or talent acquisition that checks if either player has the "Zombie" talent, and if so, sets the PathInfluence for ooze and poisonCloud to 0 so pathfinding will stop trying to find a way around those "obstacles" (which are now unambiguously and permanently good for the character).

The official "Useful Osiris Systems" mentions a SetCharacterStats function, but it doesn't show up for autocomplete/tooltips, and the syntax for the arguments in the example doesn't really seem to indicate it's a general-purpose function.

This seems like a very simple and basic addition, and I'm somewhat surprised i haven't seen a mod for it yet, though perhaps my searchFu is weak.

Last edited by standardgaussian; 28/04/15 12:10 AM.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
The reason it doesn't come up on tool tip is because its a PROC from the main story (defined in NPC_Stats). It is also not what you are looking for, it helps with thievery and concept of value to a character.

To answer your question about changing path influence: I don't know of any way to change a specific character stats, if you are driven I bet you could replace the player with another player with the appropriate stats but that requires ALOT of extra work (moving items, experience, etc...). It would most likely have significant side effects as well.

This is probably be a wild goose chase but you might be able to change something with ExtraProperties or Flags of items/potions.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Yeah, as a backup I considered seeing if I could just give my characters an item that did it, but either way it requires access to PathInfluence, and I presume if you can do it in an itemscript you could do it in a charscript.

I think I'm making some headway at least through the use of MooseEdit. It looks like character stats are stored in savegames as a delta from their initial settings, so adding PathInfluence to that ought to do the trick... though DOS flipped out and is now refusing to load any save at all, so I'm doing a full re-install and trying again.

Link Copied to Clipboard