Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I was going through the maze section of the Citadel, the hall that goes North right after going through the room filled with traps, and behind the North wall in the corner is a Dead Imp. There is torch light glowing on the wall, too, and because I'm playing on Hardcore, there are about 6 or 8 red dots on the minimap moving around in the black area beyond the wall.

I admit, I exploited the game's displacement issue that can be caused by alt-tabbing and going back to the game multiple times to phase through the wall in the corner. I went up and around the wall of this closed-off area till I could get to a spot where I would be able to phase-through again (the position shifting seems to always move your character to the left). It took me into a small room filled with skeletons and some bodies, torches lining the walls....but the visible area would only appear around my character, and the fog of war never lifted when I moved around. There was also a Stone Gargoyle in the room who dropped a Crystal Ball. When I went down to the Imp, Deathknight said "Could this be the annoying Imp we encountered recently?"

I'm curious if this is an unused area or if I just stumbled upon an area that is accessed later in the game that just happens to be in the same data space as the Maze map.

Support
Support

The maze levels were cut back before release, particularly the second one. It was easier and safer to leave the cut content blocked off than remove areas and NPCs during the balancing phase.

That room with the 4 skeletons is the end of the second maze level, so the area you found must have been stuff that was cut (it also doesn't sound familiar, but it has been a while since I played). There is just a short section after that until you get to the citadel, and after that is the end of the act.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ahh, okay. I don't feel bad about keeping the experience points from the skeletons and gargoyle, then. I guess that means I won't be needing the Crystal Ball for anything, though, huh?

Support
Support

No, there is no need for the crystal ball.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard