Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hey Larian,

it saddens me to see someone that awesome taken away far too soon.

I really believe Larian wouln't be the Larian it is today without Kirill.So I vote for dedicating the game to him.

I realise I have no vote smile but hereby I petition you.

I had the luck of meeting Kirill once on your guys KS party.What an awesome openminded music fanatic.And a great composer.I'm very sad and my heart goes out to his family,friends and all of you at larian.

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
I like this idea. Larian Studios should really consider it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
This needs to happen, a great man died having gifted the Divinity Series with some of the best video game music ever created. I find it impossible to believe they won't want to give him the dedication he deserves. If not with Original Sin: Enhanced Edition, then with any future games they create.

Last edited by Tristianity; 09/06/15 04:37 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I second the motion. It would be an appropriate gesture towards a great composer and someone who has significantly contributed to the games. As has already been said, the series wouldn't be what it is without Kirill's music.

Last edited by Nimue_de; 09/06/15 04:57 PM.
old hand
old hand
It would be entirely appropriate and something I would enjoy seeing.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
I absolutely agree.

You don't see dedications much with games, which is a shame--many games end up losing important people during development; people who invested a great deal of themselves into producing something they never got to see fully realized.

On a tangentially-related note: one of my oldest gaming memories is cracking open the (really thick) manual for Baldur's Gate II, ready to dive into the lore and read about spells and monsters and things of that nature. What I found was this:

DEDICATION TO DANIEL WALKER
Dan Walker was the second employee of BioWare, having started work at the company in late 1995. He passed away June 6, 1999 of natural causes related to a physical disability he had since birth.
We have dedicated Baldur's Gate II: Shadow's of Amn to Dan. It's quite hard to find the words to describe how we all felt about him, but it has fallen upon me to try, so I'll do my best.
Dan was a spiritual giant, who battled a sever physical impediment since birth with patience and stoicism. I can't recall him ever complaining about anything, though he certainly had more reason to do so than most. Many times I felt humbled by his patience and his Zen way of looking at things. He was, and is, an inspiration to me and many others at BioWare.
Dan was an artist in the purest meaning of the word. He enjoyed, more than anything, that people could see and take pleasure in the art he created. And the art he created was very, very good.
He lived his life like it was a work of art. In retrospect, it is clear that he was one of the seminal influences around which Bioware has grown and blossomed. We miss him horribly.
Dr. Ray Muzyka
Joint CEO, Bioware Corp.

I'm not sure I can adequately articulate how something like that makes me feel. It's a kind of reminder of the passion and humanity that goes into games like these. So, yeah, I'd love to see Kirill similarly honored.

veteran
veteran
Agreed.

My suggestion would be to have a big tomb dedicated to him and if you dig the grave a ministrel pops up which is Kirill and you can have a chat with.
Though I guess that does tend to clash a bit with the already ingame Kirill (with the animal crowd IIRC).

Link Copied to Clipboard