Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by norD

I can say to you though that the terrain undo won't be in since we don't even have that ourselves (sadly).

That's rough stuff. It was annoying enough with my one medium sized map. Couldn't imagine doing a game the size of D:OS or bigger without it.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by SniperHF

That's rough stuff. It was annoying enough with my one medium sized map. Couldn't imagine doing a game the size of D:OS or bigger without it.

You know, we develop techniques! haha

old hand
old hand
It's kind of like honor mode for modders. silly

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
R
stranger
stranger
R
Platform update is now released. Any information about EE Editor?

old hand
old hand
I don't think the editor is coming quite yet, but if you launch the game with the new patch they clearly added the mod menu back.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yeah I figured! Nice to know we're definitely getting there. I guess we just have to spend the Christmas playing instead smile

stranger
stranger
I'm glad the editor is still planned to come out this soon; I was starting to wonder if they were just going to not bother with it and focus only on D:OS2 and an editor for that instead.

Last edited by RoguePaladin; 25/12/15 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling error
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RoguePaladin
I'm glad the editor is still planned to come out this soon; I was starting to wonder if they were just going to not bother with it and focus only on D:OS2 and an editor for that instead.

"This soon"?

A
addict
addict
A
Hallo everyone,

I think it would be a good time to get a little update on when the Editor is going to be released and, maybe, what new functions can be expected.

Do you have any news for us, Raze/norD? Thanks in advance!

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
Support
Support

I don't think there are any/many new features for the EE editor. There is no updated ETA.

A
addict
addict
A
Okay, thanks for your quick reply.

Quite a triste situation for modders over the last months, to be honest (actually, since the first version of the D:OS Editor was released). Your fantastic game and its (quite) mighty editor have the potential to evolve really good mods. But there seem to be no ressources and/or there's no interest in supporting that properly since the focus is on D:OS 2 and its editor as RoguePaladin had supposed?

old hand
old hand
Well some new features would be appreciated, but with it being mostly the same I'll be able to work without a learning curve. Assuming there's no horrible bugs or something.

Also don't forget to include all the fancy stats macro enabled excel sheets wave

enthusiast
enthusiast
/shameless bump

(though am not complaining, happy it's in the works!)

((the sooner the better of course))

(((if someone gave an ETA, no one would mind)))

Pride, honour and purity
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I've asked the question myself @Aenra and I don't have any answers smile
I would be happy, like all of you, to have an ETA.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Hey everyone, looks like this thread has stagnated a bit, so I figure I'll hop in and give it a bump. Just wanted to say I absolutely love this game. I started on Enhanced Edition, so I don't have access to any game editor right now. I actually bought EE the week it came out, and I've put nearly 200hrs into the game. I felt a little deceived about my purchase when "build your own adventure" was stressed as a big feature of Divinity, and wasn't actually available to me when I went looking for it. The last ETA mentioned that the editor could have possibly been out before Christmas. Its a little bit scary to think that after missing that estimate by a month, there's still no idea of when the editor will be ready. If not a new ETA, could someone at least give an update on what went wrong?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nothing went "wrong" as far as i know smile

Simply put, the console/other OS ports got delayed, meaning in turn the inevitably required (extra) patches got delayed, ultimately resulting in the editor itself getting delayed as well, since it would have to be released after both the afore mentioned milestones were met.
Which is why am saying above that i'm happy it's still in the works. This game took them a hell of a lot more time than they originally anticipated. And they're still not done.

It's all about starting to get a hang of Larian's sense of time, which in true form, lol, really is ..relative.. smile

Last edited by Aenra; 25/01/16 03:11 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
R
stranger
stranger
R
Bump!

Any updates on the progress? I'm definitely excited about all the updates we've been getting on DOS:2, but I would love to play through enhanced edition with 3 of my friends.

enthusiast
enthusiast
As far as i know the editor will be released after the upcoming patch (the one currently being worked on). Since there's no ETA for said patch's release, there's currently no ETA for the editor either.

Pride, honour and purity
A
addict
addict
A
But might there be an ETA for the ETA...? wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
bah, wanted to post an image..

Ever read Asterix? Remember the "fish diviner"? smile

Last edited by Aenra; 13/02/16 11:04 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard