Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
If I drag the golden grail onto my equipped clothing/weapons, I get a message saying: "Not equipable".

Combining golden grail with equipped clothing/weapon in the Craft window doesn't work either.

So, it can't be used?

stranger
stranger
The grail doesnt work on crafted items, but on found items it does, you cant drag it only right click it and use the combine option

veteran
veteran
It also is now pretty crappy. I'm not sure if that's because they changed the formula for the bonus, or if it's because the value of the items has been decreased.

I used it on a robe worth 203 gold. That upped the value to a whopping 208 gold. That's before the -6000000000% markdown that merchants are willing to pay, so that's maybe an extra 1 gold in your pocket.

That doesn't seem very useful. Maybe I'll try it again at level 20 when I have things worth 1000+ gold and see if that makes a difference.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Hmmm oh! I think "Drag and drop" no longer works. Instead, you've to use the crafting window. Plus, I was accidentally using it on weapons instead. Strangely, it doesn't work on my "cloth hat" but whatever.

Thx for the tip, Stabbey. smile

Last edited by DrunkenTofu; 01/11/15 04:02 PM.
stranger
stranger
Doesnt work on weapons/helmets/shields/jewlery

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Tenzith

It sounds like it doesn't work or most things? Is it basically useless now? Also, if it does work on something would that change in the item prevent you from making any other upgradeable changes you should be able to make through crafting or blacksmithing?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Crine
It sounds like it doesn't work or most things? Is it basically useless now?

It works on chest armor, gauntlets, and boots, just like it always has.

Also, if it does work on something would that change in the item prevent you from making any other upgradeable changes you should be able to make through crafting or blacksmithing?

It doesn't matter. The only effect of the Grail other than the color change is that it very very very very slightly increases its value, so it's mostly used on things you're selling off anyway. If you're worried, you can always save, test it and then load if it doesn't work.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Crine
Originally Posted by Tenzith

It sounds like it doesn't work or most things? Is it basically useless now? Also, if it does work on something would that change in the item prevent you from making any other upgradeable changes you should be able to make through crafting or blacksmithing?

It was basically useless before, unless you like the color change.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard