Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Never ever had a more anoyng game mechanic like this. For some you realy need to win takes up to 10 reloads if your unlucky...and if you didnt safe and have no option to "I'll take my leave" your forced to load an old save. And its pure manipulation...I never seen both picking the same (which is impossible).

Last edited by altijdwat; 10/11/15 09:59 AM.
stranger
stranger
It is not such a big problem for singleplayer.

You can save game during conversation. Then you can push space key to make auto calculation of RPS. If you fail, just quick load.

M
stranger
stranger
M
This is so far the silliest topic I've seen...

It's an RPG-game, if you haven't figured it out yet. If your character is not charming, then it's only reasonable that people won't believe reason or they will call out your bluff.

Put some points to the skill and voila! You can easily win 90 % of the RPS "matches"! This game is closer to the old school games, which weren't so easy in every way possible. If you want to lie your way out of a situation, then your character needs to be adequate at lying. If he/she isn't, then it's not the games problem.

Oh and there isn't a single situation in the game where you HAVE to win it. You can finish the game up without winning any of the RPS-fights. So stop being a save scum and face the consequences of your choices!

apprentice
apprentice
I like the RPS in theory but i am highly offended that it's not really random. That there is no chance for both to have the same roll disturbs the (explicative) out of me. And the bathtub pyramid encounter RPS is obviously fixed and unwinnable. If you're going to add a high profile element of chance, make it true. I don't suggest insulting your audience's intelligence in the business of gaming.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The bathtub is winnable. And you can master the whole game by just overthinking a bit.

For example: If you won a round by cutting paper with scissors, you don't choose paper after that, you choose stone. The AI thinks you will choose paper, after you chosed scissors, because you will think it chooses stone. A bit abstract, but it worked most of the time quite well. Just put some points in charisma and you will win a lot faster.

apprentice
apprentice
What happens if you win the bathtub?

The system to beating the RPS AI is exactly what irks me. It's a waste of my time if i win every time (or most of the time). I'd rather true random.

veteran
veteran
I think that if you win the bathtub you just don't lose disposition with her. Nothing important.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What Stabbey wrote. You just get the feeling, that you won an unwinnable battle.

R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=Koan]What happens if you win the bathtub?

The system to beating the RPS AI is exactly what irks me. It's a waste of my time if i win every time (or most of the time). I'd rather true random.[/quote]

I got 167exp and she still asks you to leave.

The rock paper scissors seems like a bad design. I just save / reload if I don't win the argument in the 1st time. Even if I have 6 Charisma and stats are in my favor 2 / 6 for winning a round you can still lose the argument when using autosolve.

For "overthinking" I don't agree with, the AI seems to use patterns.

[quote=Mikaelion]This is so far the silliest topic I've seen...

It's an RPG-game, if you haven't figured it out yet. If your character is not charming, then it's only reasonable that people won't believe reason or they will call out your bluff.

Put some points to the skill and voila! You can easily win 90 % of the RPS "matches"! This game is closer to the old school games, which weren't so easy in every way possible. If you want to lie your way out of a situation, then your character needs to be adequate at lying. If he/she isn't, then it's not the games problem.

Oh and there isn't a single situation in the game where you HAVE to win it. You can finish the game up without winning any of the RPS-fights. So stop being a save scum and face the consequences of your choices! [/quote]

Except that the argument wasn't about being old school RPG or needing charisma to be adequate in lying. You are contradicting yourself, even if you are a master of lying and have spent loads of points and gear in charisma you can lose a random RPS. Or if suck at charisma then you can still just luck your way out, nothing to do with investing stats.

-I would personally prefer a system where its a charisma check to automatically win some arguments, if you chose the right response fitting the situation you pass with lower charisma and if you chose the wrong option then it becomes automatically a RPS fight. Having adequate charisma would mean 2/3 options you pass with.
For example reasoning with guards passes with 2 charisma, trying to charm the guards passes with 4 charisma. Trying to intimidate guards results in RPS.

stranger
stranger
This has to be the most rigged game of chance I've ever experienced in my 35 years of gaming. The odds that an opponent will roll the exact opposite needed to win every round every time is next to impossible without help. In the 140 hours so far I've put in I've only won one game, and that was only because I put on all charisma gear and it gave me 7 points so I only had to win two rounds. Probably the worst part of the game itself in my opinion next to the Vendors inventory restock. I literally played the Mortician in Cyseal 35 times before I finally won a single round by using charisma gear. Shouldn't be that way in a game of supposedly chance.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard