Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I wish to say it a thousand times :
Great work with the EE version of DOS ...
... fabulous fantastic work anyway & anyhow ... !!

And I can make a list of all the things I've seen so far in the DOS EE version in comparison with DOS
that are a big plus !!
(and I'm still playing on the first map: Cyseal & surroundings wink )

For example :
* Crafting system is soooooo much better now, love it !!
* The main storyline is way more better !!
* The quest "Headless Nick" has a fantastic end plot !
* Many quests have undergo a remake in a good way
* Many surroundings have also undergo a remake that suprized me in the good sense of the word wink !!
* the Voice Acting is very, very, very good !!!!!!!
* etc etc ...
One conclusion : I'm already very addicted to DOS EE !! laugh

Okay : NO game is perfect (what a relief!!)...
and NO game can be good on every inch & on every feature ....
and NO game can be good for everyone !
Such is crystal clear !!

So to be crystal clear about :
What do you find good improvements in DOS EE ?
.... this topic is ONLY for possitive news & comments
because I'm tired of all the askings for further improvements for DOS EE ... how long will this go on may I ask ? I'm NOT against constructive comments, o no, not at all ... but such a fantastic game as DOS, now DOS EE,
also deserves all praise !!! The passion of making this game dripping from it ! I feel that all the time when I play this Gem !

In this dark times it's good to lay the focus also on the possitive side, just think of it !
Thanks ! smile

Last edited by Joram; 24/11/15 01:52 PM. Reason: forgot to say : voice acting !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
C
C
I don't think the new crafting system is that good, but it's maybe promising (it feels very incomplete).

I haven't really felt any change in the main storyline. The end is different, and combat-wise it's better, but storywise it's still meh (personal opinion). I like very much the little stories between each region (cyseal invasions, hiberheim elemental war, luculla miners, hunter egde infiltration, dark forest is less interesting but its end game so ok), but the overarching story I really dislike (The Source Hunter thing and the Astarte thing, Xixxaxx, everything in the Homestead but the little goblins you save which are hilarious, all the little animated movies).

The new headless Nick is really cool, and the subplot aswell, I agree.

The voice acting is good, no complaint. I think one change that could be made is pausing the voice while in trade/shop window (Cyseal merchants hurt the ear long term). The same way the voice acting is cut when you press "next" "next" "next".

Tactician mode is cool, perfectible due to balance problems, but a very good step.

I think the two big plus things are the new voice acting and the tactician mode for me.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I haven't really felt any change in the main storyline.
?!?

I'm only level 8 and noticed already a few "little" changes in the main story flow ... ;-)
Not that "big", but in my opinion good improvements depending the flow, the follow up of the main storyline & you can read in your logbook more details than before EE .

But maybe I'm the only one who find these changes are a good thing Larian Studios did ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
C
C
I've done three games on the EE edition already, but faster and faster each time so I wasn't paying enough attention at the end maybe.

Could you tell which changes related to the main story you have in mind?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard