Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing quite the annoying problem on DOS : EE (latest GOG version, if that matters). I'm near the end of the game and the only sidequest left is the one about the weresheep and I can't complete it.

I haven't talked to the ghost as I can't seem to be able to reactivate the labyrinth in the cave of portals. I can't tell if this is a bug or a design choice and I don't know if that step is requirement in EE.

I've tried dropping stardust herb near the tree that's close to the Thorny Ground waypoint but that did absolutely nothing.

Any idea ?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I have done it several times and twice it worked and twice it did not......only the first time did I do all of the optional steps, so I am uncertain what is the actual trigger for it.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
OK I think I've found my answer.

I've reloaded an older save and threw a stardust herb on the ground and the weresheep did come. Dropping the herb didn't trigger the appearance of the sheep and seemed to break the whole thing (throwing herbs afterwards had no effect at all).

I guess someone at Larian needs to fix this because it's pretty obvious now that it wasn't meant to be that way.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem (or link to this topic) and the report.zip file (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool (for Windows).
Extract the zip file somewhere and run the AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip. Just leave one save before you threw the stardust herb to summon the weresheep, and maybe one of the later saves where that was not working.
If this isn't reproducible from the description, having a save where it is known to happen would be the easiest way to track down exactly what the problem is.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Report sent !

I've restarted from an earlier savegame so it wasn't that big of a deal for me but I hope it'll help preventing others from having the same bug.

I guess the problem is solved. Thank you all for your answers.

Last edited by dS2UsBFR; 08/12/15 06:18 PM.
Support
Support

Thank you. Dropping the stardust herb doesn't immediately summon the weresheep (unless you move the herb), but it will be there if you leave the map and return shortly after. That must break if you take too long, or do other things in the meantime.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard