Next Thread
Print Thread
#577494 24/12/15 02:59 AM
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
EDIT: Ok so This article has popped up which mentions this issue and it says it is a game bug which will be fixed "soon". I cannot verify this anywhere else though: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Divinity-Sin-EE-For-Linux

I am running *buntu 14.04 and I get really bad flickering and graphical weirdness in game and at character creation.

It's like things are rendering in the wrong place on screen, and I get a black flicker which is constant and makes the game unplayable.

I have fiddled with the options to no avail. Capping the framerate sort of helps with the flicker but it's still always there, and things still don't render properly.

I'm using an AMD card: R9270X 4GB
It's weird because I don't get this in any other game.... some I would think are more graphically intense too, like Shadows of Mordor.

Some screenshots below. You'll notice certain elements are in the wrong place. Looking at it "live" it actually flickers in and out of existence. And I am pretty sure there are some UI elements that I am not seeing at all.

Add to this the constant black flickering and it is unplayable..... frown

Character Creation:
[Linked Image]

In game:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by haveahappy; 24/12/15 08:08 PM.
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
I'm not sure what has happened in the last 24 hours but I just fired the game up with my brother for a local multiplayer game and it ran like butter. Changed it to the ultra preset and still good.

I've had one crash in about 90 minutes of play.

Whatever's changed - thank you!

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
We actually fixed AMD glitches with an update wink

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Well you did a bloody good job!

Still only had that one crash and I'm at 5+ hours now. It's been solid.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard