Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sadly the digital version of this game because so unstable that its become no longer playable. Every time I Quick, or Manual save the game crashes. Just spent the last two hours with PSN Live Chat being walked through everything from rebuilding the PS4 database to make sure my PS4 wasn't corrupt to deleted and reinstalling the game. No matter what was tried the game just crashes when saving. It's sad as the game is one of the funnest turn base RPG's I've played in a very long time. Sony says they've had no word from Larian about any patches in the future for the game so I have to assume this issue will not get resolved anytime soon. Unfortunately it's a digital copy, and all sales are final so there is no way for me to get my money back but they are submitting it for a possible refund due to the severity of the issue making the game unplayable. Confirming my belief that console gaming is still nowhere near ready to go fully Digital. Hopefully I can get my money back but if not I guess I just invested in a unplayable video game. As a Disabled Veteran that hurts because I can only afford to purchase one game ever few months. This one had been that game so now I'm left with nothing to show for my purchase. I hope Larian eventually fixes all the issues for everyone else still able to play and enjoy the game without game breaking bugs. sad

Support
Support

There is another update in the works, and if you email support as I mentioned in my reply to your post three hours ago, someone can check your save to determine if this is a known issue or not. Having the save, especially with reproducible steps to cause a crash, will help fix the problem if it isn't already, and provide another test case if it is something that has been fixed since the last update.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
What a train wreck. Don't hold your breath this will be fixed anytime soon. Here's a little history of the issues PS4 owners have been dealing with since the game was released in October.

Luculla Forest Bug

game breaking bug! luculla

PS4 Crashes while saving 50%

Game crashes when using waypoint/fast travel

PS4 Game Saves Not Loading/Corrupt Game Saves

Crash loading

This one is my favorite. Raze actually tries to make me feel like I'm holding up the patches because I didn't send them corrupt save files.
Disappointed by the lack of support/patching.

Support
Support

I was just pointing out that for all your complaining, you couldn't be bothered to provide any saves to help with identifying and fixing the problem.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
You call it complaining. I call it an extremely unsatisfied paying customer who is beyond frustrated with the quality of this game and the lack of meaningful support to fix the game ending bugs in your game.

For christs sake... I bought the game in October and played a total of TWO WEEKS before the game essentially broke. Two weeks of play, three and a half months of waiting.

Support
Support

It is complaining; that does not mean it is unjustified.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard