Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It's been a while since I've posted here, I haven't had time to play the new Enhanced Edition (haven't gotten past Map1 yet).

While this post is more on the 'negative' with these issues, I have played the game about 24 hrs now (a large portion due to enjoying the npc voice acting).

These issues made me give up on hard mode because there is little to no room for mistakes or bugs on that difficulty setting.

"Walking around bug" this one just infuriates me. This happens when you are going to attack an npc during combat. Instead you end up walking up next to it, this has messy consequences for mages and archers. This has been improved, but still happens and gets my characters killed. It makes the hard mode too hard as one cannot afford to make these mistakes. I've stopped playing the hard mode due to this bug. frown I plan to resume hard mode once the bug is squished.

Armor un-quip (bug?) during combat.
I'm not sure what causes this. At times armor will un-equip itself during a battle. This isn't caused by repair issues or me messing in the equipment interface.
Suggestion1: Make equip/unequip armor require 9 action points. Unlike weapons, it takes a lot more time to change cloths. When there would be any attempt at removal (see suggestion2) a dialog box would ask to confirm this action.
Suggestion2: (when armor breaks) Have the armor remain on the character during combat, only giving 25% of its defenses and a +25% movement penalty. After combat, it would become auto-removed.

"Clicking on Rat bug" this one is because the click area is very small and rats always run around. It has been improved to where they don't keep running away, but still. I've gotta click on the bugger 10 times before speaking to it.
Suggestion: don't have the rats constantly run around. Slowing them down will make them look stupid.[u][/u]

Last edited by LightningLockey; 29/03/16 03:31 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

There is a mod to limit opponent idle animations: Stand Still When I Attack.

Otherwise, zooming in, aiming for the feet (when possible) or switch to the overhead tactical view can help.
For skills/spells you can use the turn order portraits at the top of the screen to target.
For normal attacks, right click an opponent and select Attack (no effect if you miss) or hold the Shift button down to queue commands and left click: if you get a red target selection indicator, release the Shift button, otherwise if you get the white move indicator, right click to cancel.

That could be cause by a stat debuff, leaving the character without the requirements to equip the item.

Click on rats from farther way, rather than trying to get close and then click on them.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Thanks Raze,

I was hoping the Larian would have something similar to the "Stand still when I attack" mod that is out. While mods are kinda cool for fans, most people just want to play the game "out of the box" instead of searching and installing additional player made mods. Since DOS:2 runs in the same game, I would hope that the update could be copied over into the new game so there wouldn't be too much of extra work on a (for the most part) completed project.

It doesn't seem to matter how far away the rats are from me, I still get mis-clicks on them and end up having my characters run all over the place. Occasionally they will run into traps. I would hope, as above, that the update can be applied to DOS:2. I'm sure there will be small creatures in that game as well. I'd miss the ability to speak to animals, I've found it quite humerus.

Are the developers looking into the armor un-equipping issue I've complained about? The last time it happened, was at the battle in front of the cave with Arhu's robot. This was on the hard mode.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

You can hold Shift when trying to click on a rat, and release it if you are successful, or right click if you get a circle indicator on the ground (or keep clicking a few times, if you don't mind some extra movement once you do manage to click on it).

I don't know if that is a known issue. Was your character under any status effects?

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I'm not sure what causes this. At times armor will un-equip itself during a battle.

Did you check that there is no curse on you that lowers your stats ? It happened a few times to me, and I couldn't understand what was going on until I realized one of my stat had been lowered by some condition or spell and I could not equip the armor anymore.

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
Originally Posted by melianos
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I'm not sure what causes this. At times armor will un-equip itself during a battle.

Did you check that there is no curse on you that lowers your stats ? It happened a few times to me, and I couldn't understand what was going on until I realized one of my stat had been lowered by some condition or spell and I could not equip the armor anymore.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that is what happened. I found my guy swinging his fists doing like one point of damage and was momentarily confused as hell until I realized that his strength had taken a hit and could not long wield his weapon.

A
addict
addict
A
Same for me. Completely naked - but still determined.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
D
stranger
stranger
D
While I agree that the animation while clicking was annoying once we figured out what the issues were it really rarely happened. It usually happened when someone didn't click the spell for attacking with the staff and just clicked on them. Did sometimes happen when the animation of the character moved slightly before clicking.

I usually just made sure to hover over the character for a second or so before clicking to make sure I wouldn't miss.

Equipment Unequipped: Like others have said, this is extremely likely it is from a debuff. If you can barely use equipment with your stats you may want to increase your stats via the stat books or with level ups. Wearing armor with lesser stats until then.

We thought the same thing the first few times it happened and then we realized we were getting debuffed. Debuffs are MUCH more prevalent in tactician mode from the enemy, which is awesome but if you don't know what is going on can be frustrating.

Tactician mode is much less forgiving than the normal game, which is awesome.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I didn't know about holding the shift key to prevent my characters from moving.

For the armor un-equipping, I really don't know if my character has been cursed to cause this. Since beta, I thought that has been some kind of glitch that was never resolved.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard