Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Wavves Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I just purchased this game last night after convincing the wife to play it with me.

Neither of us are interested in dealing with more than just our own character so we will both be going lone wolf.

I was thinking of doing a two handed warrior and her a mage, but we are open to other suggestions.

I just know the game will be a little bit harder as two lone wolf's and would just like some direction in what skills/talents to pick up first and what not.

Any help at all is much appreciated!!

Support
Support

That character combination can work well.

The warrior can pick up some other skills that don't rely on high intelligence (like summons, buffs) or dexterity (that can be boosted later with equipment bonuses).
A point in Aerothurge would give access to Teleportation and Thunder Jump (the stun effect wouldn't trigger as much with a low intelligence, but it gives a relatively low AP way to get into the thick of battle). A point in geomancer would give Midnight Oil (slow opponents, or set up for fire surfaces and smoke clouds), Boulder Bash (no line of sight required) and the spider summon. The scoundrel skills Walk in Shadows (invisibility), Winged Feet (lets the character walk over surfaces unaffected) are useful in and out of combat, and Fast Track and Trip could be useful (more so after getting some dexterity bonuses); the adept skill Cloak and Dagger (teleport) can also be handy.

The mage should probably look at getting 1 or 2 levels in Witchcraft and the elemental schools, with 1 or 2 at level 4 or maybe 5 (if they have more than 1 compelling master spell, or for a talent requirement).

With Lone Wolf characters, being disabled is more of a problem than a full party, so consider boosting Willpower and Bodybuilding. This can be be done with equipment bonuses, or equipment, talents and traits can grant immunity to certain CC effects. Summons can also help, drawing at least some of the attacks which would otherwise be directed at your main characters.

At least hang on to any equipment you find with crafting or blacksmithing bonuses. You don't need to craft equipment or potions, etc, but it can be quite helpful.

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Character/Party Guide

Tactician/EE/Advanced Guide - even playing on tactician, you don't need to min/max as much as this guide suggests

Earning a honest living (newbie friendly)

V
stranger
stranger
V
Hey Wavves, welcome! i'm just midway of a tactician duo-lone wolf myself so here goes my opinion and tips! (english its not my main language so ignore the mistakes)

First of all, one of you really should have Pet Pal talent, as it adds animal dialogs, they add quests to the game, help on solving others and make the game more fun overall as the animals have funny and/or interesting dialogues and storys to tell = ]

Warrior: Get your agility to 7 and use a 1 Agility bracer (they are common even early in the game), this enables you to get Scoundrel 1 spells to 100% chance of success and they are very powerfull for a warrior (fast track, adrenaline and Walk in Shadows or Fleet Foot), having 1 scoundrel also enables the Pinpoint talent, one of the most powerful talents on the game because it transforms your warrior into a fiersome grenadier, distance damage dealer & enemy/enviroment controller whenever you fell its too early or too dangerous to engage in close combat.

Useful talents: Zombie (makes your wife able to heal you using poison spells from geomancer, could be fun to play around that), Leech (makes you overall more survivable, works with zombie), Bully (its very strong), Walk it Off (will help you to survive the crowd control spam of some battles).

Mage: getting 1 point on each school of magic allows you get a very strong arsenal very early in the game that allows you to control and exploit the enviroment, Geomancer 2 allows Poison dart (very hard hitting spell and a must have if you pick zombie on warrior), Witchcraft 2 has Rapture (prob best spell in the game)... Speed its very important for mages (as important as inteligence tbh), try to keep it at a uneven number whenever possible.

A little far into the game she will have enough points to improve 2-3 schools to level 4 (or 2 schools at 5 maybe), plan accordingly... usually you want to get only to 4 unless you really want an extra master spell of that magic school.

Probably should pick 4 on Pyro or Hidro to get Hail Attack or Meteor Shower... both are ridiculously powerful and in my experience very rewarding to use xD

Useful talents: Far out man (helps overall but especialy on "touch spells" if she like to stay somewhat near the fight), Stench, Bigger and Better, Leech, Walk it Off.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry way too much (like I did) because later in the game you will be able to reset all points and talents.

And the most important tip of all Divinity: Steal all the paintings in whole Cyseal.

Bye o/...

Last edited by Velvet Vendetta; 27/07/16 06:32 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard