Next Thread
Print Thread
#583816 07/08/16 10:27 PM
Mahagon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Heya folks,
I've been wondering when there'll be a sequel of my beloved DKS and what it'll look like.
I for my part hope it's an active combat/3rd person view setting again since I absolutely loved that about DII (besides the absolutely incredible written quests and the lovely music).

So, what do you think - is Larian already working on a sequel and what do you think/hope it'll look like?

However, Gold means wealth, silver power... Over time...
Support
Support

There will be another game to finish off the story arc with Damian and the Divine One, but no details have been announced (or even determined yet, as far as I know). There is another game planned after D:OS 2 based on the same engine and mechanics.
Personally, I would like to see another game using a dragon knight main character, which would pretty much have to be real time and use a third person camera (for dragon combat).

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I would also be rather keen to see that happen. Ego Draconis was one of the more absorbing and immersive games I've played: my only complaint is that there wasn't more of it. I wish possibly for nostalgia's sake I could see Broken Valley rebuilt (possibly as Mended Valley, to borrow a Pratchettism, although as with the pub, ISTR the Mended Drum was no more mended than the Broken Drum).

J'aime le fromage.
Raze #592094 06/10/16 10:16 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

There will be another game to finish off the story arc with Damian and the Divine One, but no details have been announced (or even determined yet, as far as I know). There is another game planned after D:OS 2 based on the same engine and mechanics.
Personally, I would like to see another game using a dragon knight main character, which would pretty much have to be real time and use a third person camera (for dragon combat).

So I'm guessing by this Larian's next game will be another isometric turn based game and maybe a Dragon Knight Saga sequel will be the game after that. There's also the possibility of a Dragon Commander sequel.

Looks like a long wait unless Larian have the capacity to work on two games at the same time now that they have the extra studio.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

stranger
stranger
Let me chime in here at this late date and put my vote in for another Divinity Dragon Knight game set up like Divinity 2 was. Third person RPG with the option to go first person would be great. I used to be a great fan of the top down games but I have lost my interest in them over the years. Just not my thing any more. So, sadly, I have skipped over the other Divinity games.

Divinity 2 did a lot of things right. One of my favorite was the paper doll and the tab for equipped items. Keeping it all separate from the rest of the inventory so i didn't sell equipment I happened to be wearing. Not doing it this was is one of my major gripes with games like Fall Out 4 and Skyrim. Seems like Bethesda got lazy and just didn't put the time in to fix the issue with a separate tab for equipped gear.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I must admit I'd also like to see another D2 type game, or even just more of D2: Broken Valley being one of my favourite game areas ever. Hard to say what the future holds, though I figure that, in theory, the Original Sin engine should be as capable of doing 1st/3rd person as it is isometric.

I'm mostly trying to forget Skyrim's menu system: even with mods it was utterly dreadful. FO4's isn't as bad but still needs serious improvement. I do wonder if a lot of us like what we started with, though: I know a lot of people are really fond of Morrowind's system (which D2's inventory is very similar to) but I always preferred Oblivion's. Albeit with the Darnified menus so that it didn't fill the screen with extra-large text.

J'aime le fromage.
R
stranger
stranger
R
D2 has been one of my favorite games and I would love to see a sequel that finishes off / further the damian vs divine story line. Plus I can't wait to just fly around as a dragon again...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'd hazard a guess that at some point there may be a D3 to continue Damian's story, but I haven't a clue if Larian have planned that far ahead yet, much less given any hints. Hopefully such a thing would be not entirely unlike Ego Draconis.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

I'd like to see another dragon knight based RPG, whether or not it is related the the Divine/Damned story arc, or not. It wouldn't have to even be based in Rivellon, if the plot involved tracking down dragons and dragon knights that left when the Slayers started (or before that, being blamed as a race for something they did not do).

stranger
stranger
Hello guys, i have just completed playing DKS and Dragon Commander. My suggestions for Divinity 2 ED/FoV sequel are:

1) A span of 4 years paseed since the divine was rescued and the hero should have built a citadel tower of his own, apart from Maxos Battle tower which is as seen in DKS.

2) since FoV ended with the Divine being rescued peace has once again came back to rivellon for the time being, broken valley and orobas fjords has been rebuilt, since as seen in ED broken valley was filled with poison gas and orobas fjords destroyed. but when damian fled as seen in FoV. both cities were rebuilt.

3) The hero is married and her wife is about to have children, so when damian is killed, the evil will once again be born as his child, but they will be unawre of it because one of black ring sorceress has already infiltrated his empire and will be aiding in the return of the evil through the child of The Hero of rivellon. One child will be the evil of damian reborn as a witch, second child will be the divine himself. third child will be a neutral fellow.

4) Damian has awakened all his demonic powers and is ready to battle the savior of rivellon. he has gathered a massive army of undead and dragons wyverns. Damian is defeated but in the process Zandalor and the Divine is being killed and all the responsibility for the safeguard of both aleroth, rivellon, etc has been given to the hero.

5) after damian is defeated, Crovus and the architecht is seen in the ending formed an alliance as they will have plans of their own for the future of rivellon and the world.

6) The DKS Game save should be used and imported in the sequel of DKS and the hero has all his abilities and skills with gold and equipments. in battle tower, his citadel tower is like his home with his wife and servants like a royal palace.

Thank you guys, theese are my suggestions for the sequel of D2 Sequel since i have only played DKS and DC currently playing DD then will go to BD and Original sin afterwards.

I also play Dragon Age and i think their should have been like a story combination like cross-servers happens in most games something like that.

Last edited by Demi-God; 16/05/17 01:40 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Interesting idea. I'd love to see more DKS and I'd particularly love to see Broken Valley back to its former glory, it's one of my favourite video game locations. We know that several people from Broken Valley Village survived The Unpleasantness, so hopefully that will include the gossips who I found really rather entertaining.

As long as there isn't a canonical male Dragon Knight as ended up being the case with the Divine: I want mine back, and she's not a proper Dragon Knight if she isn't voiced by Emily Dormer. biggrin

Cross-overs are always an interesting thing to do, assuming they fit in well and the other IP owner isn't excessively parochial about it. As another fan of Dragon Age (er, yeah, I actually have a tattoo of Sera and was amused to see her make a somewhat oblique appearance in Andromeda) I wouldn't object to the idea though it's hard to say if it would work. Though the odd cameo would be nice.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
I am new to gaming and just a player,
Well if the dragon knight is to be a female then she has married to a man and will soon bear children but, After damian is defeated and the evil energy inside of him is captured and sealed by crovus and the architecht, so during the child birth the evil energy will gain a new host body. Well if they are planning to continue the story further, Also like in Dragon Age Awakening we see architecht experimenting on darkspawns, they are basically a form of demon foot soldiers. Architecht is also mentioned in Divinity Dragon Commander. and crovus is a demon, and dragon Age is a game about demons so they could mix stories if possible in some sorts. well i just made assumptions because i dont know which gaming corporation makes Dragon Age game. i also have yet to play dragon age inquisition to know the stories.

How surprising it would be to see as the Dragon knight pregresses in game and find a new portal opening when entered he/she reaches fereldan in Alitairs castle in Dragon Age. and it would be like so exciting to do a bunch of quests even if its for 1-2 quests. If you have played Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. character mix gaming

one more thing i am currently playing divine divinity and i see that Zandalor is quite old and in DKS he is also shown to be very old. like in DD the divine is like around 20-25 when met Zandalor and in DKS shown the divine to be old like around 50+ age so Zandalor must have been over 100+ of age. That's why i suggested that zandalor could die in end with damian.

I play online games on facebook and have known many people who have played divinity both in my country and overseas and almost all of them who have played all parts of divinity said that Ego Draconis was the Best among all of the released one's. like it had a different vibe to it than all other parts in divinity. same goes GTA lovers i asked during my online chat's they say San Andreas was the best among all its GTA series releases.

now game makers mostly focuses on graphics and technology to enhance it but some times its better to see some old stuffs.

Like in divinity they could have made skill panels (even if there are new skills to learn and not the old ones) and stat panels, Character panels similar as that of ED but add those new features like reputations among elves, dwarves, imps, etc to the panels and their character equipment and customization to be similar with ED in terms of enchanting, charming and equiping all those gears. even though the story is new will all new quests and characters. its more like everything goes automatic nowadays in game and sometimes it feels bored.

I thanks all the makers of divinity because it is the second best game i have played among fantasy games. and i am looking forward for divinity III.

Last edited by Demi-God; 17/05/17 07:57 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Just a brief reply as I'm still half asleep after a particularly impressive bout of insomnia, but Zandalor is certainly quite old as he was also in Original Sin: I forget the timeline offhand, but we're talking of the sort of magnitude of a millennium before DKS.

ISTR the suggestion is that further Divinity games would probably continue to use the D:OS engine and its successors, though I think it doesn't necessarily follow that all will be isometric so hopefully when D3 appears we might expect another third-person perspective.

I suspect that Larian is unlikely to "streamline" the various skills and attributes in future games: they seem to like keeping it interesting, in other words not overly automated!

And I think your knowledge of lore exceeds mine in both franchises: I spend most of my time running away from things and trying not to be pwned. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard