Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Limz
1. Why am I advancing and not withdrawing to a more advantageous position or at least neutral position?
2. What if I respond by stacking magic armor, replenishing it mid way, and then chasing you down?
3. What if I do that except with teleports?
4. What if I can't be stun locked?
5. What if the order of initiative is mixed and I have pieces moving before all your pieces do?

1. Feel free to retreat through the electrified puddle, if you think that works for you.

2. You still have to get through the puddle. Your magic armour is going to take a lot of damage.

3. This is a challenge, but I can potentially target the teleporter with a direct CC, retreat and repeat. Otherwise I can just fight him per normal. Also bear in mind that in an even match, my group would be just as formidable as yours, with teleports, damage, etc. Except with the added advantage of exploiting CC.

4. So far, it's easy to literally stun-lock with stun. But there are other CC abilities that can be substituted. Four Mages with freeze could easily force a stun-lock on a small cluster of enemies. If you need to create an enemy that's completely immune to CC to create a challenge, then there's a problem here.

5. Usually doesn't matter anyway. Battles often begin out of range, so the first initiative is often wasted just closing the distance.

Anyway, I'll have to test this out in the Arena. I'll see if I can work out how to record it.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
[size:11pt][/size]Regeneration of some magical armour starting 1 round after out reached zero? That way, stun locks require more work to maintain and the problem of electrified water is satisfactorily mitigated.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by hairyscotsman
Regeneration of some magical armour starting 1 round after out reached zero? That way, stun locks require more work to maintain and the problem of electrified water is satisfactorily mitigated.

Ya I think armor regen per turn is in order that could be related to the respective combat attributes

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by NinjaWithSpoons
Originally Posted by hairyscotsman
Regeneration of some magical armour starting 1 round after out reached zero? That way, stun locks require more work to maintain and the problem of electrified water is satisfactorily mitigated.

Ya I think armor regen per turn is in order that could be related to the respective combat attributes

I am against natural armor/magic armor regen. Maybe for some bosses but not for generic trash.
BUT i would like to see some more skills ( maybe even a regen skill ) or AoE armor buffs.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Sure you can, there is a special CC item that can be found on the ground (in abundance). You just pick those up and spread them across the battlefield for really effective CC.

Maybe you can figure out what I'm talking about if I say:
Mokutun no jutsu!

[img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/naruto/images/6/65/Prison.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20150308162519[/img]

Last edited by Skallewag; 21/09/16 02:42 PM.
S
S
I like the new system - CC feels tactical, my opening salvo is more focused/planned. I can see lots of options for improvement with this system and fun skills that can play into it, where previously it was lacking anything but RNGesus or stacking elemental resistance.
I also have no idea why this stun lock conversation keeps going. Rain+lightning does not beat every other combination of skills and does not out range those skills either, and simply repeating I stun lock you in a puddle is not a valid argument.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Surrealialis
I like the new system - CC feels tactical, my opening salvo is more focused/planned. I can see lots of options for improvement with this system and fun skills that can play into it, where previously it was lacking anything but RNGesus or stacking elemental resistance.
I also have no idea why this stun lock conversation keeps going. Rain+lightning does not beat every other combination of skills and does not out range those skills either, and simply repeating I stun lock you in a puddle is not a valid argument.

I agree, I like this system, I feel that it just needs some tweaking. Also, I personally never had the reason or opportunity to stunlock anyone for an extended period. Generally once someone got stunned, they died pretty quick. But I will admit that I don't know exactly how it works to be stunned in a puddle, can you walk out once the stun wears off or are you perma stunned?

addict
addict
The stun lasts wears off after one full turn, and the electrified water returns to water.

However, the standard electric attack of a wand or staff can be used every turn, so you can just repeat the strategy without the enemy having any opportunity to react. Hence, stun-lock.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard