Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Neonivek
Originally Posted by jai2yeux
I do like the game. I hate that now that 've escaped prison, basically every magister/patrolman now wants to kill me. Maybe a disguise or something to avoid their wrath and still be able to wander into "town"?

If ONLY you could steal their armor and clothing... But alas that would be impossible as it is fused to their skin :P

It would be pretty funny if you put enough ranks into stealth and theivery that you could literally steal their armor and leave them standing there in their knickers without noticing a thing.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Mjolnir
I do like the game. I hate that now that 've escaped prison, basically every magister/patrolman now wants to kill me. Maybe a disguise or something to avoid their wrath and still be able to wander into "town"?

If ONLY you could steal their armor and clothing... But alas that would be impossible as it is fused to their skin :P

It would be pretty funny if you put enough ranks into stealth and theivery that you could literally steal their armor and leave them standing there in their knickers without noticing a thing.

Well you could do that in Skyrim, and it was just a bit silly. But yeah, why not?

Last edited by jai2yeux; 18/09/16 11:35 PM.
addict
addict

I encountered the heavily armed madman standing over a pile of bodies. I thought, yes! Finally some armour.

But nope. When he died, he dropped rubbish, and my party continued running around the fort naked.

veteran
veteran
I do like the game. I hate that now that I've escaped prison, basically every magister/patrolman now wants to kill me. Maybe a disguise or something to avoid their wrath and still be able to wander into "town"?

Yep. I escaped using the drawbridge, lowering it just long enough to let my party out, then raising it again with one who stayed behind. Then despite the fact that no guards saw us leave and that we all still have source collars on, returning to the prison makes all guards attack us on site even in the ghetto areas.

It would be one thing if you fought your way out through some guards, but sneaking out, or even killing that guy all alone in Flenserville should not make all guards psychically know that you are escaped prisoners.

apprentice
apprentice
Oh, so that's what happened! I thought I did something wrong somewhere, but the guards really do telepathically know that I am an escaped prisoner somehow, despite the fact that I managed to sneak out unnoticed. That strikes me as weird.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
veteran
veteran
I think one problem is that several quests make you kill people who sell skill books.

- I did the teleporter quest and I cannot buy air spells

- You can kill the lizard (fire spells) or fight Griff and his gang (scoundrel skills, maybe even more) if you want to free the prisoner.

- I took Sebille as main char, looks like she wants to kill every lizard in the world and some more people.

The games does not have to liitle combat. A problem is that you can easily get into a hard fight when you have only your starting skills, almost no equipment and no money to buy skills or items.

side note: Gothic 1 is set in a colony for prisoners. They trade all kinds of items and the main trading good is ore that is used to make weapons. If you search the castle, you can find chests with lots of coins, but they are completely useless in the game.
So yes, it makes no sense that prisoners give you tons of gold for a painting that is bigger than the rotten tent they live in.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Madscientist
I think one problem is that several quests make you kill people who sell skill books.

Yep, that's kinda obnoxious. Especially since you need to do ALL the quests to gain enough experience to take on tough enemies and reach areas and secrets which have enough treasure to let you consider buying skillbooks in the first place.

The games does not have to liitle combat. A problem is that you can easily get into a hard fight when you have only your starting skills, almost no equipment and no money to buy skills or items.

Right now, weapons and armor sell for ridiculously small amounts, which is silly since they should sell for a lot of money in the prison economy. I killed a boss and took two powerful unique daggers off his body. They sell for only 4 gold. The most valuable weapon I've found from a random drop is an Elven bow which sells for 18 gold.

old hand
old hand
I agree that the economy is eff'd up and only rewards the 'kill everyone' or 'steal everything' playstyle. Leveling up is not very exciting at the moment. I have a bunch of unspent skill points because there aren't any interesting abilities I can readily purchase anyway.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
stranger
I found out finesse and strength multipliers scale abilities more than their given % because they apply on both the weapon and the skill. It is also never negative because weapon multipliers cannot be less than 0, which is kinda sad for mages. I think this is an oversight.

dlux Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Madscientist

it makes no sense that prisoners give you tons of gold for a painting that is bigger than the rotten tent they live in.

This too. NPCs should not be interested in buying everything that you throw at them. You can sell broken bottles to armorers, weapons to herbalists and huge paintings to peasants/prisoners....

Funnily enough no NPC would buy any of the books (just normal books) that I found... unless I put them in a container and sold it together with its contents. think

Originally Posted by Windemere
Leveling up is not very exciting at the moment. I have a bunch of unspent skill points because there aren't any interesting abilities I can readily purchase anyway.

The reactivity of the game is still pretty low, as it doesn't really react to some gameplay choices, e.g. you can kill all of the soldiers in the fort and essentially free the prisoners - nobody cares. You can murder all of the prisoners in the fort - the game doesn't care.

You should definitely be able to do the latter, a "psychopath playthrough" could be interesting I guess, but the game and your companions should react accordingly. Fallout for example handled this much better.

Last edited by dlux; 19/09/16 05:39 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
The Good:
-I love that you can follow different paths to proceed through the main storyline. eg *spoiler* different ways to enter the prison non-violently, and different ways to exit.

-Love love love the changes to the combat abilities to make point requirement not scale and have actual benefits to lvling the different schools of magic rather than just "Now you can learn X lvl spells". Also love the separation of combat and civil points (This is the best improvement).

The Bad:
-The world doesn't feel big. Pre-prison/keep escape it felt apt because you are confined, but even after leaving the prison you are still confined to the tiny island. It definitely is not a large open world. If the land were made larger with more barren land with small encounters, and areas/towns that are non-essential to the main storyline but have small sidequests, then the game would feel much less linear.

-Eventhough you have multiple options to proceed through the storyline you can always find one option that is the most optimal exp-wise. Furthermore, to maximize exp gain you find yourself backtracking a lot. If the game weren't laid out in such a linear way then it wouldn't feel like you're backtracking.

veteran
veteran
- I have already said this in the privious Divinity games and I say it again: Please add key rings. My Inventory gets full of keys and I do not know what they are good for and if I ever need them again.

- Please make more items stackable (nails for example). There is a bug that sometimes items that are stackable cannot be added to an existing stack.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
S
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Elves in previous Divinity games also didn't look like they were literally tree people and they didn't have horns. It's like Larian goes out of its way to deliberately wipe their minds out of all previous continuity between games.

Just pretend that these are Dryads which are calling themselves Elves.

Keep in mind the huge gulf of time. I believe there's a good 1,000/2,000 years in there since D:OS 1. I'm sure/hope by release the intro will highlight that.

Though, your quip about dryads might justify the whole cannibalism thing. :P

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gyeff
It definitely is not a large open world.

And it was never meant to be one. wink

WOOS
M
stranger
stranger
M
My biggest criticism is new dialogue system with answers from third person. It totally breaks immersion for me. It worked fine in D:OS, why change it?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Thank god for that I say... I much prefer the story-driven guided but still having like 5 different path approach D:OS2 has above boring samey open world RPG's.

journeyman
journeyman
Key rings would be great.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” – George Carlin-
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Thank god for that I say... I much prefer the story-driven guided but still having like 5 different path approach D:OS2 has above boring samey open world RPG's.

Agreed. DOS offers a classical hub-based world with limited freedom but with orchestrated encounters. Pretty much like the old Infinity engine games. That's imo the best approach for tactical party-based RPGs where you need a certain linearity in order to be able to properly balance the encounters which are at the core of the game. This isn't a solo action RPG like Witcher or Skyrim in which combat is just a necessary evil. Combat in tactical party-based RPGs are essential and therefore the world must serve the combat gameplay, and not the other way round. wink

WOOS
J
stranger
stranger
J
I'm going to make 2 statements that almost sound contradictory about elves.
I like how elves look and work they are cool.
I just wish they wernt called Elves, since these are not elves. So as a race they are cool.

These elves are some kind of tree people/dryad. At best they are wood elves. I think the elves should be less tree/barkish, shorter, and without the flesh eating ability. So at this point they might as well rename the elves to dryads and make a more traditional looking elf race.

Last edited by johnny5111; 20/09/16 01:02 AM.
This isn't the first time that dryadish elves have shown up in fantasy fiction or RPGs. It's among some that seem to be growing more common as the genre tries to move beyond the "(adjective) human with (facial doodad)" motifs of LotR/D&D-influenced fantasy.

Last edited by NeutroniumDragon; 20/09/16 01:09 AM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard