Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#591212 03/10/16 08:45 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I initially had an awful time with mp, but has since gotten a little better, however...

I've been thinking of ways to address this while remaining feasible. I think adding a few features could go a long way to making mp more hassle free, enjoyable and easier to find a group to have FUN with.

1. A looking for group lobby separate from general chat.
2. Maybe a way to signify groups or parties from the last session? Would be fun to have a few games going as well as not "need" to be extremely organized with 3 friends.
3. A rep system. I think this is the most important. Players should be rated, this can help people find like parties. When I first thought of this I didn't want it to be rude like good/poor but more like DnD alignment. Some players might just like being more chaotic than others! Doesn't mean they are a true troll if they are just roleplaying a little more seriously.

Ex...go to mp lobby, find some cool people, their rep "aligns" with what you're looking for and you begin a new game. It goes well and it's easy to see when your party is online again and you invite them for session 2.

I hope Larian checks this out and can come up with a neat way to make mp a little easier.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmmm, alrighty. I personally would like to see a little more Steam integration. In games like Savage: Resurrection, I can press shift+tab and see a clean, concise list of the most recent people that I've played with. What's more, I can add or message them from that screen, so that we could play later, or even look up players from last night's game, etc.

In my experience, it works really well, but there would certainly be an issue to be had with the GoG version. I don't know how they would rightly sort this, so maybe your suggestions for a handmade system to suit our needs would work better, and not separate the games so fundamentally from each other.

A rep system would be cool. I would love to be rated as a hardcore RP'r, and meet like minded individuals. Hopefully ones with a taste for challenge, too! I would also like to add that they should prioritize adding in VOIP, as the game sorely needs this feature right now. I keep having to add pubbies on Skype, and my contacts list is filling up quick. X_X I'd say it's needed almost as much as adding people from past games, doubly so since I've started practicing my pirate accent.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The fact you mentioned a pirate accent and rp'er makes me think we could have tags just like the characters but under our "multiplayer profile".

I can see it's incredibleness now...

SlamPow | Chaotic Good
Roleplayer, Ambitious, Peg-legged

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sluntchop
The fact you mentioned a pirate accent and rp'er makes me think we could have tags just like the characters but under our "multiplayer profile".

I can see it's incredibleness now...

SlamPow | Chaotic Good
Roleplayer, Ambitious, Peg-legged

Haha! Chaotic good? I think you mean

SlamPow | Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Evil/Chaotic Stupid

And then, just imagine how specific you could get the tags, if it let you enter in anything you wanted like Facebook or Twitter's hashtag system:

#Roleplayer, Ambitious, Delusions of Grandeur, Psychopath, Thief, Pirate Captain

And you could take it a step further, and describe your specific playstyle so that you know exactly what the party comp is going to be like in a lobby before you even go in:

#Generalist, Soloist, PvP, Gear Independent, Tactician

And then, you could even take it one more step further, and have tags that are automatically assigned based on the character options that you have selected once you're in a lobby:

#Human, Enchanter, Staff, Glass Cannon, M. CC, P. CC, Healing, Ice, Tank, Warfare, Hydrosophist, Lhose

And then, there's the obvious one:

Language options = Russian, English, Broken Japanese

What do you think? laugh This would undoubtedly create a lot of tags, but I feel that with the ability to filter out specific tags, it wouldn't feel too cluttered, and you could really tell people a lot about yourself without needing to explain your game plan every lobby. Not to mention, you could search for exactly the kind of game you want, from one with fellow tacticians, to one with fellow explorers, to one that excludes ice (invaluable if you just want to play a pyromancer), to one that matches you up with someone that's got a type of CC you're looking for, either physical or magical. Not to mention, if you think that people with both the #staff and #warfare tags are imbeciles for some reason, then you can just filter out that combination!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard