Next Thread
Print Thread
#594672 26/10/16 06:13 AM
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Could be fun to share the best/funniest/memorable moments from your time in DOS EE. It might be useful to the devs to know what the community found most memorable about their previous game. Mostly its fun to swap awesome stories laugh

One of the most hilarious moments I encountered was in the black cove. My party gets caught in a huge fire field but there are melee enemies coming, so I use as many heals as I can and leave the fire burning. I decide to stay put and let the enemy get damaged as they come to me. It works well, I fairly decisively win the fight, using heals and pots to stave away a burny death. Some enemy casters remain further back, so I decide its time to put the fire out and move forward. A rain spell is the logical choice, so I cast it and...BOOM. Party wipe.

It turns out, a poison vent was covered with a barrel, then flaming debris after a fire spell was cast. The debris on top of the vent was still blocking the poison gas from escaping. As soon as I cast the rain spell, the flaming debris became ash and disappeared. The rain spell didn't put all the fire out at the same time. Gas escaped, got to a patch of fire and exploded killing everyone. I was so impressed at how I died, I didn't care about the loading screen. That was definitely my most memorable moment. Cast a rain spell and caused an explosion, and, it makes sense.

What were the moments that have stuck with you from DOS?

journeyman
journeyman
i hated the first game my most memorable moment was uninstalling it and never playing it again

C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Anyone else?

A
addict
addict
A
i hated the first game my most memorable moment was uninstalling it and never playing it again

Sounds like...

I'm a cheap cheap parakeet gimme muh cheats cheep cheep laugh

Edit: One of my favourite moments goes back to Classic Version, when I saw one of my characters getting incinerated the first time and, previously a remarkable Source Hunter, remaining as a small heap of ash. I was shocked by this disrespectful treatment!

Last edited by Abraxas*; 26/10/16 09:04 AM.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
K
stranger
stranger
K
Favourites moments ?

A few moments after installation, beginning to play and getting that is a game you can make strategies with and they matter. And on my second play, realising that's even more true than I thought. As I am a bit bored with game what speak about strategy and which you can win by just being stronger than your opponent by building more units or building stronger units (eq : almost every "strategy game" out there).

Moments I liked best was :
- When the titans appear in the tomb, they were impressive and I didn't expect that
- Looking the imps run always makes me laugh...
- When the old blind elf of Cyseal goes bloodthirsty on the orc librarian (like... waow man)
- Hearing the Fabulous F*** ran out of town since you got rid of the Sparkmaster xD
- Saying "Because I don't like snow" to king Boreas xD

Many things I actually like !

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Not a specific event as such, I just enjoyed exploring Cyseal, seeing the sights and listening to the music and the cheese vendor.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Abraxas*

Sounds like...

I'm a cheap cheap parakeet gimme muh cheats cheep cheep laugh

Edit: One of my favourite moments goes back to Classic Version, when I saw one of my characters getting incinerated the first time and, previously a remarkable Source Hunter, remaining as a small heap of ash. I was shocked by this disrespectful treatment!

i love you lol

A
addict
addict
A

i love you lol

That's convenient. I love you too since that post.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Another one of my favorite parts (in DOS2 as well) is the hilarious cartoony knockdown animation on ice. I don't even get upset when I slip, its just too funny to watch their feet go higher then their head XD

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Captain Fuzzy Pa
Another one of my favorite parts (in DOS2 as well) is the hilarious cartoony knockdown animation on ice. I don't even get upset when I slip, its just too funny to watch their feet go higher then their head XD

They are amusing, and I have sort of mixed amusement and irritation with the "hammertime!" caption. Mainly as I'm old enough to remember when Mr Comedy Pants was in the charts: that was a dark time for popular music. D:

J'aime le fromage.
C
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by vometia

They are amusing, and I have sort of mixed amusement and irritation with the "hammertime!" caption. Mainly as I'm old enough to remember when Mr Comedy Pants was in the charts: that was a dark time for popular music. D:

Wasn't sure what you meant so I googled Mr Comedy Pants. Found out that a comedian fended off attackers by pulling his pants down in public. Judge decided it was an acceptable form of defense (comedy) and the charges of public indecency were dropped. I have a feeling this is not what you meant.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...49aa267832939d82b9dbc715ebaa0-1477495049

One time I was playing when I was (very) tired, I think my party tripped on ice about 8 times in a row before I decided to remove the ice. It was just too funny to my addled brain :P

A
addict
addict
A
That moment I realized I was completely immune to all damage, walked my tank into the middle of all the goblins in that camp sleeping, and realized I could just spam whatever on myself for lolz.......SO many lolz

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Wasn't sure what you meant so I googled Mr Comedy Pants. Found out that a comedian fended off attackers by pulling his pants down in public. Judge decided it was an acceptable form of defense (comedy) and the charges of public indecency were dropped. I have a feeling this is not what you meant.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...49aa267832939d82b9dbc715ebaa0-1477495049

Not quite, but it was still rather amusing. biggrin Sadly, I meant MC Hammer and His Amazing Pantaloons. Caution, bad late '80s lite rap.

One time I was playing when I was (very) tired, I think my party tripped on ice about 8 times in a row before I decided to remove the ice. It was just too funny to my addled brain :P

I don't need to be tired to manage that sort of thing. There's probably a good reason I got the "idiot" achievement in Risen.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard