Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
Now i know i know, this has been brought up a lot.
And i also know that this game has been created with 4 players in mind.

However with the recent reveals about the DM mode and the fact that the player restriction IIRC got modded out of Original Sin 1 i feel like its the right time to bring back that particular discussion:

Whats the chance that peresistant servers for more people than just 4 will ever be a thing?
Its been a staple of a specific other series of RPGs and while it was never something i got into, with Original Sin 2 i just see the potential.
Specifically i see the potential for PvP, right now the PvP mode is great, but i for one would like to see more variation in the potential character builds.

So a somewhat peresistant server which serves as a hub for Arenas would be quite great to me.

this might come off a little off centre here but i just wanted to reopen this particular discussion.
The modding scene for Original Sin could be better honestly. A lot probably comes from the fact that the modding tools weren tall too easy to use, but i for one could see quite a bit of people beeing brought in by this.

veteran
veteran
That sounds like it would require a lot of work on the code, and with release 3 months away, the game is code complete. So not in D:OS 2.

S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
I dont know does it?
other games werent designed for it either.
For what i know you can have several characters in different worldspaces already and you could remove the ammount of players in a game already in the last game.

Why would it require coding? Im not a gamedev but i fail to see the reasoning behind that.

old hand
old hand
I don't see why someone couldn't host D:OS2 on a server and leave it running all the time for people to join and leave as they wish. Player count could probably be raised to 6 or 7 or maybe more with a reworked UI. Unfortunately the host would have to control a player so there'd be an unused player slot a lot of the time

Another problem is you can't have different players in different "levels." You could have one giant level with lots of different areas though.

You probably won't be able to import characters into this either. So people dropping in would have to play whatever characters exist in the game already.

I guess I don't really see too many advantages of this approach over just hosting regular games. I suppose it allows people to play without needing the host to play.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard