Next Thread
Print Thread
#605598 19/06/17 09:48 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Is it worthless? My sword and board tank gets ignored in most fights and deals really poor damage. I haven't seen a taunt in the game so i am guessing for now sword and shields are just extremely weak.

On another note anyone else also find there are way less 1 handed weapons that are decent compared to like staffs/wands and 2 handed weapons.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is taunt spells coming (based on the tooltips for certain spells) but the AI is inherently going to ignore the tanky characters. About 1-handed weapons it is a bit weird early on just buy the unique you get off the lizard and use that until something better comes up.

Rogues are the best
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
You see my point though...if they get ignored its better to just have them go damage....which leaves sword and shield rather useless.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Ugh.....if you have oportunist you could make a decent tank....thing is your survivabibility is strongly dependant on the gear and the bonus str and int gives to your gear's armor rating. Wits and memory will be your dump stats because both are important and situational at the same time.

In theory you could make a strong tank focusing just on Warfare and Necro but you get extra stats and mobility spells from Polymorph, but without a dip in Aerothurge for teleportation spells, it will not be an excelent tank.

Last edited by Draco359; 20/06/17 06:37 PM.
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Draco359
Ugh.....if you have oportunist you could make a decent tank....thing is your survivabibility is strongly dependant on the gear and the bonus str and int gives to your gear's armor rating. Wits and memory will be your dump stats because both are important and situational at the same time.

In theory you could make a strong tank focusing just on Warfare and Necro but you get extra stats and mobility spells from Polymorph, but without a dip in Aerothurge for teleportation spells, it will not be an excelent tank.

Problem isn't survival...its keeping agro. If your tank can't hold agro then he loses purpose. I find the enemy always jump into my backline regardless of the tank being up close.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard