Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hello,
Sorry for my question but I don't have found the answer on the Internet :
Will "Divinity : OS2" be playable between PS4 and PC ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Support
Support

Currently, no other platforms have been announced.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
If you guys *do* release it on Xbox one, please allow cross platform play. I desperately want to GM my brothers (with me on PC and them on their Xbox consoles), but they can't afford / don't want to get into PC gaming.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Linux support would be nice

apprentice
apprentice
looking forward to console version!

cross-save/play is a plus, I will surely buy another piece of console version.

apprentice
apprentice
I know it probably won't happen but goshness would I love that. My husband is an xbone gamer and I'm a PC gamer. We don't have the funds for another PC and there are almost no games out there that we can enjoy together anymore. There are some co-op games for xbone that we play but I'd love the ability to enjoy it on our own native platforms where we're both enjoying them fully. (I hate controllers and the tv is so far away from the couch that I can't read or see anything really, hence my preference for PC.)

"You either die the hero or live to see yourself brought back in the sequel as an angsty magical terrorist."
-Serious brownie points if you get the character to whom I am referring.-
journeyman
journeyman
We know Xbox and PS4 will get Divinity 2 eventually.

God, do I love your suggestion, my friend. With DM mode, imagine the crossplay possibilities. And since MS is so open to crossplay, why not allow Xbox and PC to play together? Larian already went the extra mile by putting co-op on a RPG game and that made the game better and made us see how great RPG's can be when played with friends!

Now if they add crossplay, OH MY GOD. That would be the extra extraa extra mile

I have a friend that has PS4 and PC, but not XBOX (which I own). I would love playing with him.

please, Larian!

Last edited by Rafoca; 16/08/17 12:46 PM.
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Unfortunately, with the last events about the cross-platform between PS4, XBOne, PC and Switch ... even if Larian was OK for Crossplay ... As usual Sony will not sign for it !
If I knew that when I bought my PS4 I would have choose XBOne.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by kimenguman
Unfortunately, with the last events about the cross-platform between PS4, XBOne, PC and Switch ... even if Larian was OK for Crossplay ... As usual Sony will not sign for it !
If I knew that when I bought my PS4 I would have choose XBOne.

They could do cross-play between Windows and Linux. smile

Hope it will arrive on Linux.

Last edited by PixelPi; 27/08/17 01:55 PM.
I'm hoping for a GNU/Linux port. I'm hoping that they haven't mentioned it to avoid the vitriol that was thrown at them after the first Kickstarter, and not because they feel it isn't worth it.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
Zec Offline
While Larian are near miracle makers, and I am sure that they are at least thinking on Sony and XBOX (I mean why would they put controller support if they are not thinking about it? ) as said in one of earlier posts there is no way not in million years that Sony would allow cross-platforming on XBOX and probably not on PC either. While XBOX maybe would allow cross-platforming to PC (probably only those with Win as OS)
But in general while cross-platform would be great in general. I would not be too much optimistic about it.

made in Betanija
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I just got my little brother and his wife hooked on the first game as they only have consoles. They can't wait to get the sequel on Xbox One, if it ever happens. I would love to share the experience with them while playing on my PC.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
O
stranger
stranger
O
I guess we'll know once the console versions come out! Not sure, but I don't think XBOX & PC cross-play would be a problem since they're both Windows, not sure about MAC, Linux & PS4, however. Would be amazing, but the respective parties/corporations must ensure that it doesn't come in more favor to the others than themselves, you know, money. Not actually sure why the latter would be a problem, but I've got an impression that it has been in earlier cross-platform debates.

journeyman
journeyman
They could always make Xbox and PC with crossplatform. If Sony doesn't want it, ok, but MS does. It

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Rafoca
They could always make Xbox and PC with crossplatform. If Sony doesn't want it, ok, but MS does. It

Exactly

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777
Originally Posted by Rafoca

Exactly

you do realize that microsoft charges $300K in order to even review a title for release on xbox, and not only that but it also has some hardware guidelines called Compliance Proficiency QA Testing, all titles need to follow each and every one of those rules and needs to pass all tests in their internal review or your game gets bounced back and you need to reapply and pay again if it bounces

i used to work on compliance testing back when the 360 was released, it was no joke, we picked all games apart to its base in order to see if everything was alright, we even used hex editors in order to manipulate the game saves and see how the game reacted to that

it takes a few months of waiting list in order to get your game reviewed, unless you're a platinum customer, which is achieved by having several titles in a row passing all tests on the first try...

it wasnt as easy as you thought, was it?

Last edited by HQSykes; 10/09/17 01:41 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by HQSykes
you do realize that microsoft charges $300K in order to even review a title for release on xbox, and not only that but it also has some hardware guidelines called Compliance Proficiency QA Testing, all titles need to follow each and every one of those rules and needs to pass all tests in their internal review or your game gets bounced back and you need to reapply and pay again if it bounces

Details but the first sub is free of charge. If you fail and have to submit again then you pay.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by Deadknight

Details but the first sub is free of charge. If you fail and have to submit again then you pay.

thanks for the correction, i dont remember it being like that tho smirk

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Deadknight

thanks for the correction, i dont remember it being like that tho smirk

It wasn't as hard as you thought, was it?

enthusiast
enthusiast
On GOG, much of the "cross platform" support is using Wine emulation and Boxer for the OS X and Linux game support . DOSbox is used for DOS support under Windows (I use DOSbox SVN-Daum myself under Win10x64.) My opinion is that if you like gaming enough to buy several games a year and play them then you definitely want to be on Windows--as well, you can dual-boot Windows natively on a Mac and Linux x86 PC, and so...it's not much of a problem. I think creating an involved, complex game on Win32/x64 D3d/OpenGL/Vulkan (although the latter API is rather slowly growing) is enough of a job for any major developer--paying other companies to port the Windows version to other platforms later is not without its own set of problems--and extra expense. If you like games it seems foolish to punish yourself on a secondary gaming platform--just imo...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard