Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
Since all the other Characters got updated with unique looks, the Red prince does stand out a bit using the generic Lizard head.

I for one realy like the new ones and id love to see him get one aswell, especialy since they seem to have a very specific look for him in mind in the artwork, which is actually fairly consistant on him compared to the other characters.

N
N
I hope so, it's one of the first things I noticed with the artwork vs the character, and started to wonder about as the others got updated faces to match.

S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
It does tend to stick out doesnt it? The artwork for the red prince is a very consistent look, youd think that they would implement it in some way. By which i mean this very lizardlike very spiney face that doesnt look a lot like the very clean one hes got right now.

N
N
It's not just the spines, the overall snout/facial/head structure looks quite different. I mean, granted they don't all match 100%, but it's clear an attempt was made. Red looks especially off in a bad way, like his face got compacted/smashed inward, and his eyes have a rather dull, passive look compared to the more sharp and piercing stare of the art.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Nivv; 28/08/17 07:15 PM.
veteran
veteran
I agree. Red's head looks kind of bad.

S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
i wouldnt say bad, the lizards arent exactly pretty in OS2, my issue is mostly that its the default lizard face and IIRC all male lizards in fort joy use the exact same head model.

Its just jarring that he looks identical to most other NPCs when the other origins get unique head options, the new ones too from what i can tell

N
N
Originally Posted by Sordak
i wouldnt say bad, the lizards arent exactly pretty in OS2, my issue is mostly that its the default lizard face and IIRC all male lizards in fort joy use the exact same head model.

Its just jarring that he looks identical to most other NPCs when the other origins get unique head options, the new ones too from what i can tell

From the beginning of the alpha, I thought that the female lizards looked fine enough, but the hair/head of the males have been really lackluster, especially since most of the frills/head parts don't even mesh together well and you can see empty spaces and seams where some of them should connect. The male lizard heads just seem to be overall lesser quality.

Zec Offline
Not sure in new trailer red does still seem as same head model. But I do agree that and Red, and also incoming undead (who I am guessing will also have an origin story) would have unique head models.
Thoughhhh I really dunno how would they make unique head or face or even body models for skeletons???

made in Betanija
S
Sordak Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
the skeletons appear to have some sort of decals on their heads and prior shown undead at have the normal racial hairstyles.

as for Nivv i gotta agree, the hairstyles of the lizards realy dont mesh well with the way the heads look so i cant realy see myself going with anything but the default spines.

I also dont see any head realy beeing good looking other than the default one that all the lizards got and the pachycephalosaurus one which also has teeth clipping through the mouth for some reason

Zec Offline
I think that main problem that they would have with changing head models now is helmet models for lizard. Because if they would made lizards with heads of different sizes they would have to change models of helmets too, and I do guess that is not small work.
I also agree that there is no need for lizards with hair just does not fit well with race in general. (imagine lizards with bears)
Though I gotta say that if there is option to put beards on undeads. I am putting it on mine undead laugh

made in Betanija

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard