Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Unfortunately, I've only just recently played the EA, but I'd suggest that at some point if D:OS2 got an Enhanced Edition, I'd love it if was in-line with the theme of "Multi-classing Enhanced" and Scoundrel got updated to something like...

• Requires a Dagger

became

• Requires a Melee Weapon

Also, lest I forget, this should happen as well:

• Damage is based on your weapon* and receives a bonus from Strength/Finesse/Intelligence

*On the mechanical backend of the D:OS2 engine, non-daggers should get damage demerits to be in-line (likely inferior so the classic rogue archetype is retained for RP) with single dagger damage and DW dagger damage.

---

Back-Stabber not being dagger-specific would be great as well.

---

Throwing Knife could become Throw Weapon.

---

P.S. #1

Another notable Multi-classing mention could be Huntsman's Snipe/Ricochet & Wand compatibility (maybe Staff compatible, once per turn).

P.S. #2

Yes, I am in love with how Warfare works with any melee weapon and I want that love spread around.

enthusiast
enthusiast
All that just to have warrior using a 2handed and backstab and backslash every other turn ?

At this time the daggers have the lowest base damage of all because they can backstab, what you propose is actually to make dagger useless and replaced by dualwielding sword.

I am sure Larian will appreciate your feedback, I, however, am much more concerned about the balance issues all your changes create in the game.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Demonicgamer666

*On the mechanical backend of the D:OS2 engine, non-daggers should get damage demerits*** to be in-line (likely inferior so the classic rogue archetype is retained for RP) with single dagger damage and DW dagger damage.

@Deadknight, please read thoroughly.

*** Only for the Scoundrel abilities if the D:OS2 engine could support it.

Last edited by Demonicgamer666; 05/09/17 02:06 AM.
tee Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I hope there are more melee-based trees in the future not just the general two: rogue and warrior trees.

Ranger feels alright with 1 tree because they also have special arrows to mess around with.

veteran
veteran
There was a tree for Juggernaut for selection, but probably won't get integrated before next game, because Kickstarters did not chose it.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
There was a tree for Juggernaut for selection, but probably won't get integrated before next game, because Kickstarters did not chose it.

I wouldn't hold my breath because quite a few other ones were more popular than it was.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by tee
I hope there are more melee-based trees in the future not just the general two: rogue and warrior trees.

Ranger feels alright with 1 tree because they also have special arrows to mess around with.

I agree and I'd rather have more specialization over changing some core weapon mechanics.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I just want Vault for Spears..

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard