Print Thread
#609359 07/09/17 06:40 PM
A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hey all! I was curious how much you guys have messed with summoning.

I was specifically curious what stats your summons use from your character (both your incarnation and also your totems), and also how effective a finesse build vs a non finesse build has been if anyone has had time to try both.

I have just left fort joy on a finesse playthrough and my totems do a ton of damage but my incarnate lags behind despite all of the infusions i give him (melee + ranged, sometimes the 50% damage buff) but the "finesse" scaling skills seem to do about the same as a regular melee attack (approximately 1/3-1/2 of what a single totem does. I'm also using bows on this character, and always equipping the best i can find because the tooltip implies that your weapon damage increases the damage dealt by whirlwind / battering ram / ranged attack.

It seems kind of off, but maybe I'm missing something. I believe that the totems dont scale with finesse or weapon damage so its surprising they are outscaling the incarnation so hard (I understand they serve a completely different function but it seems pretty pointless to try a finesse build if the incarnation carries the least amount of responsibility in my group).

/rant over

N
old hand
old hand
N
Summoner is unique in that the only thing your summons use is your Summoner skill (Incarnates even upgrade at 10 and 20 summoning skill)

Dimension bolt (so far the ONLY attack skill the summoner has) uses intelligence, but dimension bolt isn't really a damage skill. It is more a utility that COULD be used for damage in a pinch.

Last edited by Neonivek; 07/09/17 06:52 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Are you putting skill points into Summoning?
Your incarnate scales with your summoning level so unlike most other skill trees you have to actively invest points into the said skill in order to directly improve it. I believe totems scale with your summoning stat as well.

Last edited by Bukke; 07/09/17 06:55 PM.
A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Yes, I have been putting all of my points into summoning.

A
A
At levels 10 and 20 in summoning the incarnate gets a massive boost (and evolves into a larger being... at level 20 its basically 2-3x your size)

on top of that the full game will have more summons.. fire elementals from pyromancy spiders from geomancy and some sorta bone spider thing i think from necromancy.

A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
wait how do you know these things D:

Also I misread and thought you meant character level 10 and 20. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the skills were capped at level 10. Is this not correct?

Last edited by AIso; 07/09/17 08:35 PM.
A
A
Originally Posted by AIso
wait how do you know these things D:

Also I misread and thought you meant character level 10 and 20. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the skills were capped at level 10. Is this not correct?

developer footage and images.. theres a picture of the incarnate with 20 points in summoning and someone else here posted it at 10 points in summoning.. it changes and grows stronger

and yes that means 20 is the max for a skill not 10.

A
AIso Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
could you snag a screenshot of that?

I kind of hope not as that would make it harder to diversify skills if we only hit the 20-24 level range by end game. rip frown

A
A
Originally Posted by AIso
could you snag a screenshot of that?

I kind of hope not as that would make it harder to diversify skills if we only hit the 20-24 level range by end game. rip frown

dont forget that gear can vastly increase your skills.. by like 4-5 points even in act 1.. i could easily imagine gear that gave you like 7-8+ points in act2+

https://mobile.twitter.com/larianstudios/status/849749491120955392

thats a link to the max level incarnate and what it looks like.

enthusiast
enthusiast
And here is a screenshot of the level 8 with 10 in summoning you can have it in the early access (2 points at level 1 + the trait to have one more skill gives you 10 at level 8).
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....072AE25AE0B225FE93BF275EB8420DE68646BD9/

You can also see his HP (372) and armor 137.
Mosquito Swarm, I don't remember how much it does, but it was higher than a Necro with 30 intelligence if I am not mistaken.

So it's already fairly strong. Just his basic attack damages are bugged and look like level one damage (3-5).

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
I believe you cannot raise a skill beyond 10 with points, but items can take you above 10. So you would need 10 points in Summoning, and then +10 from items.

Last edited by Incendax; 07/09/17 11:56 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Has anyone confirmed a further upgrade of the incarnate at level 20 summoning yet? Can anyone post a screenshot of that?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
[img]https://imgur.com/a/4LxAq[/img]

lvl 21 summoning. incarnates dont get bigger, just meaner

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard