Next Thread
Print Thread
#617154 20/09/17 04:58 PM
Koun Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey!

After fiddling around with the editor for a bit i found that if i override a skill in the stats (i.e. same ID) it works fine.

If i try adding a new skill with a new, unused ID, i can not get it to show up in the GM spell book at all.

I confirmed the whole thing by changing the ID back and forth between an used and an unused one several times.

The project loads GM, targets GM and is an addon.

I'm not sure if this is intentional behaviour or if I'm doing something wrong here!

I'd appreciate any help smile

Last edited by Koun; 20/09/17 10:26 PM.
veteran
veteran
Larian KVN could shed some helpful insight.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I know that not "all" skills even load into the gm spellbook (certain monster skills etc.).

I haven't checked it but my hunch is that you need make the skill visible to the GM module somehow.

A good place to start might be the story editor.

old hand
old hand
Does your mod target both story and GM mode? A couple people reported that didn't work. And indeed, I'm not able to get my skills to show up in GM mode with targeting Story and GM mode. This is definitely a very inconvenient bug, meaning we have to maintain two different versions of a mod for story and GM mode =/ I'm going to check just targeting GM mode now.

Skills have a "ForGameMaster" check in the stats. That should be all that's necessary.

Koun Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It's loading and targeting GM only and is set to be used by the GM, yes.

From what i can tell it only shows up when it's overriding something else.

After talking to some friends it seems they are also having issues though i don't know what their setup is.
Either way, it seems like there's several things going on here.

Here's a quick summary in image form:
*Click*

Last edited by Koun; 21/09/17 08:01 AM.
addict
addict
That should definitely work, Koun!
We'll take a look at that asap why this isn't the case in GM mode smile

CTRL+K the elf
Koun Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you, much appreciated! smile

old hand
old hand
So I got it working with a mod that targets both story and GM mode. It didn't work when testing in Hungry Journey, but it did when creating my own campaign. So maybe that has something to do with it?

addict
addict
Yes to clarify,

it works on a new campaign. It will currently not work when plugging the add-on into an already created campaign. Campaigns are handled in a similar fashion to save games and the skill list is not correctly updated if skills get added/removed after creation. We'll fix this asap of course smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 21/09/17 04:46 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
Yes to clarify,

it works on a new campaign. It will currently not work when plugging the add-on into an already created campaign. Campaigns are handled in a similar fashion to save games and the skill list is not correctly updated if skills get added/removed after creation. We'll fix this asap of course smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

Did this never get fixed? I came here searching for a solution because I have the same issue. I used the Stat Editor to add one new Skill for my GM Mode mod, I simply found WolfBite and used the "Create Derived Stat" context menu option, and changed the "For Game Master" option to "Yes." The skill does not show up in GM Mode for me to use however.

Last edited by vometia; 16/03/20 04:56 PM. Reason: formatting
stranger
stranger
still have the same problem on my add-on. i can create my own character it goes well in the GM mode but it does not for the objects and the skills.
Itried to make a potion it works perfecty fine in the editor, and same for the skill.
i know it s an old thread but. it s for you to let you know that it still exist! if someone can give me a solution without restarting a new campain every tima i want to try something out or add a new feature to my campaign, thank you.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard