Print Thread
#620808 24/09/17 10:53 PM
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Are there any time limits?
Are days important or just only for journal?
I am now at Reapers Coast, and after ritual, I was informed that finding masters of source is my main priority and nothing else matters, and I must do it as fast as possible before others will reach Well Of Ascension.
Is that true in practice or can I back to my slow play with explore-and-touch-everything and doing smaller side quests?

ociebieda #620817 24/09/17 11:26 PM
veteran
veteran
I don't believe so. Days don't really mean anything except a rough measure of in-game hours.

ociebieda #620834 24/09/17 11:49 PM
addict
addict
Time affects very little in the game.

Only a few NPCS will move around based on their quest path (like Tarquin visiting the cemetary and if he stays along enough, he will fight a nearby grave monk before returning to the ship) and take time to reach from one point to another.

Other than that, there's the merchant restock every 1 hour.

ociebieda #620839 24/09/17 11:54 PM
Sil Offline
apprentice
apprentice
You can progress at your own pace. Let's be honest, every RPG is like this. "Make haste, hero! Fate of the world depends on you!" -- "Ok, old man. I shall vanquish the evil and-... Ooh a flower. Ooh a sidequest. Ooh a farm I can build. This dragon I've literally stopped one step from getting a scripted encounter with ain't going anywhere."

ociebieda #620841 24/09/17 11:56 PM
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
about gareth
supposedly if you go directly to his house you can save his family from being killed. if you do other things before finding him at his home, his parents will already be dead and the quest unfolds differently. i've never actually done this since i've never gone to his parents' home first thing, but i've read about people doing it on this forum

this is also not really time related but if you rescue gareth during act 1 before finding the seekers' camp and healing the injured warriors, upon reaching the camp you'll find said warriors all dead (if you find the camp first, you can heal the warriors for a couple of rewards, but i believe these can be looted off their bodies). more to do with the way quests are completed than time

other than that, there's nothing i know of

Last edited by miaasma; 24/09/17 11:57 PM.
ociebieda #620842 25/09/17 12:01 AM
addict
addict
If you play Ifan, the elf vs thug quest should progress like EA and they should fight once you reach town for the conversation trigger to happen and enough time pass for them to finish talking.

and there' Doctor Leste and the injured guy. Leave long enough and he dies.

The time only start ticking if you trigger the NPC flags first.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard