Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Is it possible to only use the offhand weapon, is there a key for it? I can't find one. I'm trying to fire a wand in my offhand but keep my dagger in the main. For my build currently.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Swap hands and you should be able to, I think swapping hands in combat doesn't cost, but I think you will still prioritize a melee weapon.

Why would you use a dagger wit ha want in the first place though ?
Either use dual wands or dual daggers, I can't even recommend dual melee weapons other than daggers.

For example, if you are finesse character, then utilize finesse weapons, such as spears and daggers for close combat, or bows and crossbows for ranged.

Daggers and Spears have the advantage of using Warfare skills, but Daggers can use both Scoundrel and Warfare effectively, keep in mind you can use vast majority of scoundrel skills only with daggers in hands.

Spears are also great for Finesse classes with warfare skills, simply because of their excellent range, they deal slightly less damage than other Strength 2-handers but their range in melee has no equal, combined with opportunist it just rocks.

My spear build as follows:
Focus on Finesse, but add enough STR stat to be able to equip some hard armor.
Huntsman : 2 (for tactical retreat)
Polymorph : 3 (for Tentacle and flight)
Scoundrel : 8 (for fast movement)
Warfare: 5 (for all skills) after all other skills are high enough just dunk here everything that remains.
Retribution: 5 (it is a good day to not die)

Civil skills : Thievery and sneaking 5
Have someone else build loremastery.
You could want bargaining, but you probably don't need it, if you have a party of 2+ have someone else do the buying.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by BlackHole9000
Swap hands and you should be able to, I think swapping hands in combat doesn't cost, but I think you will still prioritize a melee weapon.

Why would you use a dagger wit ha want in the first place though ?
Either use dual wands or dual daggers, I can't even recommend dual melee weapons other than daggers

To switch any weapon, is a cost of 1 AP. Mainhand weapons are prioritized.

Scoundrel has a lot of skills that are magic armour resistant and and deal magic armour damage. My current build is mainly scoundrel and aero hybrid, and having a wand to set a base status is really good, such as shocked or wet so I can set stun for next turn instead of having to use all my CD.
I also don't always be in the center of combat.

Last edited by vometia; 01/10/17 10:53 PM. Reason: formatting

Spears are also great for Finesse classes with warfare skills, simply because of their excellent range, they deal slightly less damage than other Strength 2-handers but their range in melee has no equal, combined with opportunist it just rocks.

Spears are awful, lol.

They scale with finesse, but none of the scoundrel abilities are really meant for them.
They don't scale with warfare, because warfare scales with strength.

It's like, what's the point? Not to mention, there really isn't a lot of unique spears in the game. Daggers are infinitely better and just have better supportive options.

Some of the strongest combos in the game are with daggers. The most consistent form of CC in this game is from Warfare's ability to rupture enemy armour instantly and keep them knocked down for a long time.

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 01/10/17 11:26 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza

Not correct. Warfare scales with whatever weapon you have equipped. If you have a finesse based weapon equipped, Warfare will be based on finesse. Just check out the tooltip while having a Finesse weapon equipped and you will see.

S
S
Originally Posted by Alexstrasza

Spears are awful, lol.

They scale with finesse, but none of the scoundrel abilities are really meant for them.

It's like, what's the point? Not to mention, there really isn't a lot of unique spears in the game. Daggers are infinitely better and just have better supportive options.

Some of the strongest combos in the game are with daggers. The most consistent form of CC in this game is from Warfare's ability to rupture enemy armour instantly and keep them knocked down for a long time.

Weapon-based skills (MOST skills from Scoundrel, Huntsman, and Warfare) all scale based on attack damage. They do X% of whatever you would normally do with an attack, with NO additional attribute or level scaling. The tooltip will say "scales with finesse" when you equip a spear, but the truth is that the spear itself scales with finesse, and the skill just does damage based on what the spear would do.

There are a few exceptions that don't account for weapons at all (functionally they work like magic spells). Chloroform is one such example, and will scale with finesse and level instead of weapon.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard